follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #15
dubbrand

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalzo View Post
I called the CC company and they don't want to do anything. They told me as long as I received the product they can't do anything. I even told them what IF i bought white wheels and they sent me black ones. They told me it has nothing to do with them. It has to do with forgestar's customer service..
There is no way that is correct. I worked for a bank doing chargebacks. This situation is exactly what a chargeback is supposed to be used for. You don't even have to return it only make an attempt which could be simply putting it on your porch and telling the merchant to come pick up their product. This would be a not as described/defective case. You bought rims as new and came damaged. You made an effort to fix the problem with the merchant however it has not been resolved and you are still left with a defective wheel. Especially if you ordered over the phone VISA/MC any terms or conditions disclosed to you that way (in regards to returns/cancellations/exchanges) are considered invalid. They have to be in writing at the time of payment. I'd call back and speak with a supervisor or someone directly in the chargeback department if they take phone calls.
dubbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbrand View Post
There is no way that is correct. I worked for a bank doing chargebacks. This situation is exactly what a chargeback is supposed to be used for. You don't even have to return it only make an attempt which could be simply putting it on your porch and telling the merchant to come pick up their product. This would be a not as described/defective case. You bought rims as new and came damaged. You made an effort to fix the problem with the merchant however it has not been resolved and you are still left with a defective wheel. Especially if you ordered over the phone VISA/MC any terms or conditions disclosed to you that way (in regards to returns/cancellations/exchanges) are considered invalid. They have to be in writing at the time of payment. I'd call back and speak with a supervisor or someone directly in the chargeback department if they take phone calls.
Thanks for the tip! I will call again and see what they can do. Does it make a difference that I am in Canada?
Old 06-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #17
manualmotive

Drives: '14 BRZ Todoroki/OriginLabo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Fuck em. Lame company and their wheel designs lack any imagination
manualmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manualmotive For This Useful Post:
Scalzo (06-02-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
So shipping problems aside, they continued to want to replace the wheel. What am I missing that makes that bad customer service? The delays suck sure, but they are trying.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
The Feds
Government Issued

Drives: Unicycle
Hope this catastrophe stop soon.

Forgestar custome service

The sale portion is the easy part... The time after the sale will tell you what kind of people you're really dealing with.
The Feds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #20
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
I blame Canada.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #21
Scalzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
So shipping problems aside, they continued to want to replace the wheel. What am I missing that makes that bad customer service? The delays suck sure, but they are trying.
Well the problem is they take forever to respond. I literally have to send multiple emails before I get an answer back. They got paid out by UPS for one wheel + 1st damaged wheel. What I don't understand is that they had a "Quality check" on my wheel before it being shipped which took a few days. Of course when I get back the wheel, all the plastics and everything were good not ripped. When I took off the plastics the wheel was all nicked and the paint all hazy. How is that supposed to pass inspection.... I feel as though they collect money from shipping insurance by sending damaged wheels to customers. It's the second time it happens which is why its getting suspicious. This shouldn't happen.

ON top of it, if it was UPS that did damage the wheel the paint would of been removed off the rim. Instead it looks like they painted over a the nicks.

Its the point of buying brand new and receiving crap quality paint with nicks on wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I blame Canada.
I wish i lived in the states. free shipping mostly everywhere!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well the problem is they take forever to respond. I literally have to send multiple emails before I get an answer back. They got paid out by UPS for one wheel + 1st damaged wheel. What I don't understand is that they had a "Quality check" on my wheel before it being shipped which took a few days. Of course when I get back the wheel, all the plastics and everything were good not ripped. When I took off the plastics the wheel was all nicked and the paint all hazy. How is that supposed to pass inspection.... I feel as though they collect money from shipping insurance by sending damaged wheels to customers. It's the second time it happens which is why its getting suspicious. This shouldn't happen.

ON top of it, if it was UPS that did damage the wheel the paint would of been removed off the rim. Instead it looks like they painted over a the nicks.

Its the point of buying brand new and receiving crap quality paint with nicks on wheels.

I wish i lived in the states. free shipping mostly everywhere!

Fair enough
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
Scalzo (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #23
thehapaone
Wasian Ninja

Drives: 2013 Crystal Black Silica BRZ-L
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Garage
I have had my Forgestars for a year and a half...and unfortunately I feel the quality is really poor as well. The paint/powdercoat is chipping in several places (not from curbing) one of the wheels mysteriously got dented not scratched but dented when I had tires installed. Actually the finish overall is pretty bad accidentally dropped a lug nut and it scratched the finish. the lug nut holes are terrible and putting the lugs on scratches the wheels due to how small the holes are. Forgestar customer service is pretty terrible waited 4 months...yes 4 months for my wheels after I was told 5-6 weeks forgestars response was check the online tracker with no other information. When the wheel was dented no action was taken by forgestar basically told me to F off (the wheels were 2 days old the tire shop wouldn't take responsibility either cause they claimed to use a touch less tire installer). If I had to do it again I would stay far far away from forgestar and their cast wheels...I could have gotten Gramlight 57DRs for less money and had them in my hand in a week but at the time no one really had f14s so I went with something different...damn was that a bad decision

Previous Cars: 1970 Chevelle 350 (crashed still have in CA), 2000 Honda Accord Coupe (sold)
thehapaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #24
Scalzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehapaone View Post
I have had my Forgestars for a year and a half...and unfortunately I feel the quality is really poor as well. The paint/powdercoat is chipping in several places (not from curbing) one of the wheels mysteriously got dented not scratched but dented when I had tires installed. Actually the finish overall is pretty bad accidentally dropped a lug nut and it scratched the finish. the lug nut holes are terrible and putting the lugs on scratches the wheels due to how small the holes are. Forgestar customer service is pretty terrible waited 4 months...yes 4 months for my wheels after I was told 5-6 weeks forgestars response was check the online tracker with no other information. When the wheel was dented no action was taken by forgestar basically told me to F off (the wheels were 2 days old the tire shop wouldn't take responsibility either cause they claimed to use a touch less tire installer). If I had to do it again I would stay far far away from forgestar and their cast wheels...I could have gotten Gramlight 57DRs for less money and had them in my hand in a week but at the time no one really had f14s so I went with something different...damn was that a bad decision
Damn, my finish is pretty much the same as your described as well.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #25
dubbrand

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I will call again and see what they can do. Does it make a difference that I am in Canada?
No... Makes no difference where you or the merchant lives.
dubbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #26
Pkush

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Well. This tipped me for sure towards 57xtremes if i ever decide to get wheels lol
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #27
Scalzo

Finally...

Hi Stefano,

Let me first apologize for the inconvenience this experience has caused you. We, as a company, would like nothing more than to deliver a perfect product to every single one of our customers. That is why each wheel goes through quality inspection before leaving our facility. Once the wheels are picked up from our facility, it is then up to the freight company, in this case, UPS, to deliver the product to our customers in the same condition that they left. Unfortunately this is not always the case, and we then have to follow the protocol of filing a damage claim.

The first claim we filed took almost 3 weeks to get approved. Once approved, we then began manufacturing a new wheel. The manufacturing of wheels whether it is a full set or just one has an estimated build time of 4-6 weeks.

After completion, the wheel was then shipped after passing quality inspection. Again, the wheel was damaged during shipping. We called UPS immediately after receiving your email showing us basically the exact same type of damage as the first wheel. They wanted to pick up the wheel from you to start the investigation. As I stated to you in previous emails, UPS will need to pick up the wheel for us to be able to file the claim. On the same day that you sent your email to us, you sent another one stating that you had already mounted the wheel. UPS informed us that you told them that the wheel had been mounted and was on your vehicle. That voided any chance of filing a claim.

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Even though we were not able to file a claim with UPS for the second damaged wheel, our company would like to extend a $200 refund to your account just for the inconvenience this experience has caused you.