follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #71
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Sounds like you might need to uninstall/reinstall the game. I had some weird glitches like that the first time I installed it (my guess is from playing the one track/car it gives you while you wait). The next install I just left it, and everything runs smooth now.
I actually installed twice and opted for the patch on the second install. I have no idea how you guys are playing this game. I lived on Nascar Racing 2003, R factor, every Gran Turismo and Forza ever made. This game was a disgrace. Bugs, glitches, lagging and controls were awful.
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #72
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
I actually installed twice and opted for the patch on the second install. I have no idea how you guys are playing this game. I lived on Nascar Racing 2003, R factor, every Gran Turismo and Forza ever made. This game was a disgrace. Bugs, glitches, lagging and controls were awful.
Weird man, sucks it's not working for you. Well, look at the bright side, at least now you have a wheel in time for Forza 6!
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
Timmy_Jones (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #73
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Quote:
Weird man, sucks it's not working for you. Well, look at the bright side, at least now you have a wheel in time for Forza 6!
Absolutely. Trying to decide between getting a little stand for the wheel and pedals or going all out and getting a racing seat with mount setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy_Jones For This Useful Post:
Special_K (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #74
Jesse36m3

Drives: JDL Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Game is running flawless on my PC. I've been having a great time with the career so far. I'm using a G27 wheel also. Need to install the Logitech profiler for it to recognize correctly, but once setup I didn't experience any hiccups.

Came from playing Assetto Corsa, and from what I can tell, the physics and realism (simulator) is more present in AC, whereas Project Cars definitely presents itself as a simulator, you still get that fun arcade-y feel to it. I really do love it. Picked it up for like $35 a couple weeks ago.

Graphical wise, it blows AC out of the water. It isn't too demanding, I average around 90fps on my SLI 970 rig @ 1440p and that's with literally every setting maxed out aside from AA.

If you got a wheel and a decent monitor setup already, the $30 is worth it.
Jesse36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse36m3 For This Useful Post:
Special_K (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #75
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Absolutely. Trying to decide between getting a little stand for the wheel and pedals or going all out and getting a racing seat with mount setup.
Check out the Obutto Ozone from Main Performance PC. I got it for cheaper than a lot of the ghetto stands out there, it's rock solid with a comfy ass racing seat that's fully adjustable. Got mounts for your H-shifter and just about every wheel/pedal setup you can think of. I spent months looking for something good, and they all seemed jenky or way overpriced, I landed on this one and absolutely love it, I do all my gaming in it.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #76
Carlysh

Drives: 2007 Mazda 3, New Raven FR-S 6mt
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Check out the Obutto Ozone from Main Performance PC. I got it for cheaper than a lot of the ghetto stands out there, it's rock solid with a comfy ass racing seat that's fully adjustable. Got mounts for your H-shifter and just about every wheel/pedal setup you can think of. I spent months looking for something good, and they all seemed jenky or way overpriced, I landed on this one and absolutely love it, I do all my gaming in it.
Dammmm this looks nice i have been looking a cockpit for month waiting on work bonus next month, gtomega seat is winning but this looks nice for the price hiw is it holding up
Carlysh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlysh For This Useful Post:
Special_K (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #77
Special_K
Bannéd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlysh View Post
Dammmm this looks nice i have been looking a cockpit for month waiting on work bonus next month, gtomega seat is winning but this looks nice for the price hiw is it holding up
Don't know much about the gtomega, I didn't think they sold in the States. In any case, I love my Ozone! I started with the base model and added the articulating tray and fabbed up my own top mount instead of the acrylic one. The seat feels pretty much exactly like the ones in our twins, and nothing has broken or worn out yet. I actually moved my desk into a different room and use the ozone as both my gaming/work station. Definitely would recommend.

edit: The real nice part is that all the R3volition addons also fit on the Ozone, so you can buy new trays, stands, speaker mounts, etc down the road no problems. At the time I was a bit too broke to spring for the R3volution, but idk you might just want to check that one out too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
Carlysh (06-22-2015), Timmy_Jones (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #78
Carlysh

Garage
Alright i check out today for more info on it
Gtomega didnt sell on us but the sell it for 500 (i think) triple screen setup with every thing but the shipping was 250 that is a lot but is coming from australia
Old 06-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #79
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Quote:
Don't know much about the gtomega, I didn't think they sold in the States. In any case, I love my Ozone! I started with the base model and added the articulating tray and fabbed up my own top mount instead of the acrylic one. The seat feels pretty much exactly like the ones in our twins, and nothing has broken or worn out yet. I actually moved my desk into a different room and use the ozone as both my gaming/work station. Definitely would recommend.

edit: The real nice part is that all the R3volition addons also fit on the Ozone, so you can buy new trays, stands, speaker mounts, etc down the road no problems. At the time I was a bit too broke to spring for the R3volution, but idk you might just want to check that one out too.
I just checked out the Ozone, looks awesome....until I add it in my cart. Shipping to Maine is $207....way too steep for me! WOW
Old 09-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #80
Carlysh

Garage
just bought this game for 30 dollars on steam with all dlc would be like 40 dollars neat waiting for downloading
Old 09-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #81
GhostRai
Rice Monkey

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech WRB
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlysh View Post
just bought this game for 30 dollars on steam with all dlc would be like 40 dollars neat waiting for downloading
I just bought it too for $35 (CAD), none of the DLC really looks too enticing me though, might wait for a DLC sale.

"Why must everything that is broken be fixed?"
GhostRai is offline   Reply With Quote