follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
ndsleep612

Drives: Thee Argento Cricket
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pulling up floor rug?

Has anyone pulled up the flooring rug of their BRZ/FRS? I met recently who had no common sense to put a drink in the cup holder and left a boba drink on the floor mat and half the liquid spilled on the passenger floor mat area when I made a sharp left turn.

I used a TON of paper towels to soak up the liquid and an old t-shirt to soak up the excess. My only concern is the liquid causing rust at the base metal near the foot area. I'm not fond of breaking plastic trim pieces near the door jam area.

When I was soaking up the liquids, it felt like there was only a cardboard flooring before it hit bare metal. For those who've pulled the floor rug, please chime in. Thanks.
ndsleep612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
Lverasky
RedBunny w/ Wing

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have similar experience, my daughter spill a whole large cup of Dutch Bro coffee on my passenger seat floor about 3 months ago. I use a big bath towel to soak up the coffee instantly and use a second bath towel leave on the passenger floor over night. so far, I havn't see any rusting. I almost forgot about this until I see your thread.