follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #57
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer256 View Post
Hmm i just realized...is the fact that this is still under Toyota indicative of it staying under their badge? Maybe this will keep the scion rumors to rest then
Doesn't mean anything, especially since Scion is an American only brand (or at least last I checked).

Its ultimately up to Toyota North America how to market the car over here.

However, if the expected base price of this car continues to rise, they're gonna have a helluva time trying to market it in the 'Scion' lineup of cars.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #58
racepauly
FT-86 Fanboy

Drives: IS300, Tacoma TRD, Integra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am happy about the coverage but lifting the cover an inch is just mean.
That Fotog should take one for the team and lift it all the way.
HAHA

Looking forward to the unvail, thanks FT86club.com for bringing us up to the minute updates.

I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!!!!
racepauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #59
Archer256

Drives: TSX
Unless Toyoda says to keep it on Toyota only, I'm sure they have to get it approved before they market it under scion. *fingers crossed* I kinda want the new IS to be a cross between the LFA and this although this things front silhouette reminds me of the LFA
Archer256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #60
TheRoadWarrior
Much damage?

Drives: Renaultsport Clio200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm actually kinda nervous- I mean up until this point we've all been pinning our hopes on a concept car built by a company that hasn't turned out a proper performance car in years (LFA aside). What if theyve messed it up? What if the styling is horrible and it's not going to be the small ae86/corolla etc etc replacement we all hope but some sort of bling-bling pose-mobile for the newly rich??!! Aarrghhh!
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #61
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
I'm actually kinda nervous- I mean up until this point we've all been pinning our hopes on a concept car built by a company that hasn't turned out a proper performance car in years (LFA aside). What if theyve messed it up? What if the styling is horrible and it's not going to be the small ae86/corolla etc etc replacement we all hope but some sort of bling-bling pose-mobile for the newly rich??!! Aarrghhh!
Well from the new pics of the 2nd Concept, even though its covered, you can tell its got a longer front than the original concept, which means more weight.....your last worry is a logical one.

Its one of my biggest fears too.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #62
Archer256

Drives: TSX
I dont think so, this car will be aimed at mid-range 20-30k. Honestly they IS is going to be the one aimed at the luxury/premium level. Be worried about the IS more because it's engine will be Toyota/Yamaha while the 86 is using subie engine so are they going to bring out a new engine as orgasmic as the LFA's? Lexus is also more neutral in design so it has a higher risk of not being "sporty" enough too. THe overall design of the car is probably final for production the question is interior and carbon fiber at this point. Toyota is gunna want this to get people into the toyota brand and like the sportiness and then move up to lexus model/brand
Archer256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #63
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Just checked and FR-S / FT-86 General Forum Discussion is getting 1,660 views at the time I checked.

Did we have that many members? LMAO
More than likely they're webcrawlers. This is probably going to get posted all over the internet complete with regurgitated, inaccurate info .

But for those that ain't, line up newbs. Get whats coming to you . And welcome lurkers!
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #64
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
edit:
Hey Hachiroku, do you know exact date & time of unveiling of FT2? Around that time, I wanna be here & wanna hit F5 like mad to wait for your pic upload. lol
Glad everyone liked today's pics

Hope to get everyone pics in about 11 hours time. Cross your fingers, and keep checking the site
Hachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #65
themali

Drives: Ninja 650R
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepauly View Post
I am happy about the coverage but lifting the cover an inch is just mean.
That Fotog should take one for the team and lift it all the way.
HAHA

Looking forward to the unvail, thanks FT86club.com for bringing us up to the minute updates.

I WANT THIS CAR!!!!!!!!
This just made me more anxious. I woke up today to the covered up car and was like "meh". But as you said lifting this up an inch and just showing the color and little bit skin..... AAARRRRGGHHHH!!!

Either they have a smart women in the marketing department or a dude that has been tortured by a women.
themali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #66
themali

Drives: Ninja 650R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
Glad everyone liked today's pics

Hope to get everyone pics in about 11 hours time. Cross your fingers, and keep checking the site
Many thanks go your way! Thank you, sir!
themali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #67
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Still like the plastic lower grill area; I liked it in the original, and I'm glad its still around. I'm really doubting this is going to be the production car now that I see the carbon fiber..
The lights, the carbon fiber, and drilled and slotted rotors make me think this is just another "look what we can do, but will never bring you" concept....stupid.
Hope the interior is close to production?
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #68
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franisco View Post
Still like the plastic lower grill area; I liked it in the original, and I'm glad its still around. I'm really doubting this is going to be the production car now that I see the carbon fiber..
The lights, the carbon fiber, and drilled and slotted rotors make me think this is just another "look what we can do, but will never bring you" concept....stupid.
Hope the interior is close to production?
Well it -is- called Concept II.

I.e.: Its still a concept....and could look 100% different in production form. (highly unlikely, but you get what I mean)
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #69
kawazydude

Drives: ask me again in 2012!
THANKS HACHI!!! you jus may cause me to break my f5 button on my keyboard in the next couple days. :P

iono bout u guys, but i'm most concerned about the headlights, cuz i loved the evil looking headlights on the original concept, but hated the goofy genesis looking headlights on the teaser. i guess we'll see...
kawazydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #70
Franisco

Drives: D31a
I guess they could be doing what Hyundai did with the Genesis Coupe. Show us riced out model and say, "This is what we expect to happen." But underneath it was the final production model..somewhat.
I'd be fine with that, but I'd really like to get some concrete numbers. If this thing is slated for release in November its time to start giving us something. 9 months isnt that far out to still be releasing shi-
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote