follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2024, 11:21 PM   #1
Dazzo

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Door Lock Broken/Stuck.

I am currently having this issue with my driver-side door lock and plan to take the door apart tomorrow to investigate, but I was curious if anyone here has had a similar problem before and could potentially speed the process/eliminate some troubleshooting. Sometimes when unlocking the car with my clicker only the passenger side door would unlock leaving the driver side door locked, but the driver side door could be unlocked manually with the key or inside with the switch. Fast forward a few weeks and the driver-side lock switch is completely stuck and unable to be manually opened from the inside without excessive wiggling/force, but even if it is moved to the unlocked position the door remains locked and can only be opened manually from the outside with the actual key. Anyone have a similar issue or potential fixes? A video example is attached.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gCLdWiZMZT4
Dazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzo For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-09-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 12:41 PM   #2
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,547 Times in 18,941 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154678
Old 05-09-2024, 11:08 PM   #3
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,892 Times in 16,453 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzo View Post
I am currently having this issue with my driver-side door lock and plan to take the door apart tomorrow to investigate, but I was curious if anyone here has had a similar problem before and could potentially speed the process/eliminate some troubleshooting. Sometimes when unlocking the car with my clicker only the passenger side door would unlock leaving the driver side door locked, but the driver side door could be unlocked manually with the key or inside with the switch. Fast forward a few weeks and the driver-side lock switch is completely stuck and unable to be manually opened from the inside without excessive wiggling/force, but even if it is moved to the unlocked position the door remains locked and can only be opened manually from the outside with the actual key. Anyone have a similar issue or potential fixes? A video example is attached.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gCLdWiZMZT4
You might try spraying some silicone spray in and around the latch then let it sit for a few hours - you might get lucky. If not, consider taking off the door panel and spraying everything, even remotely attached to the lock.

I asked Bubba and he says to pound on the latch with the palm of your hand, three times, hard.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote