follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2019, 05:01 AM   #1
Moooiiissst
The moisture is real

Drives: '15 WR Blue BRZ Limited 6spd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Air conditioner is only blowing from defrost/footwell areas (stuck blend door?)

Hey guys,

So '15 BRZ's A/C has been acting up lately and since summer is right around the corner, I feel I should address this sooner than later. My AC was working fine since I bought the car new in December of 2014, but now the air only comes out of the front window defrost vents and the bottom footwell vents, no matter how many times I click the middle AC mode button (I have the digital dual climate controls). I could only assume it is the blend door motor that is causing this, but I can't seem to find any guide as to how to get to it to see if that's what it is. Has anyone had any experience with this that could lead me to the right place to look?

I've been kicking and smacking my entire dash and footwell panels in hopes to knock the motor loose in case it's stuck. It started working once again randomly without me doing anything abnormal, but only stayed function for about a week and now I can't get it to work again.

Any advice to knowing how to get to the blend door motor would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has experienced this issue and found a different fix, I would like to hear your ideas as well. Thank you.
Moooiiissst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Moooiiissst
The moisture is real

Drives: '15 WR Blue BRZ Limited 6spd
Garage
Update: My AC fixed itself again, but I could only assume that it will not stay working forever, so I would still like to take a look at the blend door motor or anything else related to it. Any thoughts?
Moooiiissst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Take a look through here
https://demos.starbase7.net/t3Portal..._rm_index.html
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #4
Gallowlight

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 860 Special Edition
My 2017 86 is doing this but in reverse. My floor heat crapped out, then *magically* started working after a week when I took it in for Diag. I though the same, maybe a blend door freezing up. But now that it works again, it feels like its only mostly working. Before I would sweat my but off at 70 degrees, and would turn defrost and heat on together and it maintained that perfect middle road. Now, the floor heat is only noticeable on higher fan speeds and heat settings. I always use manual settings even for the dual zone. Did you ever find the culprit?
Gallowlight is offline   Reply With Quote