follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2024, 05:51 PM   #1
RustyS14

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM BRZ Divx touch screen issues

I've been having some issues with the OEM Divx Nav unit in my 2013 BRZ for awhile now and wanted to post here to see if anyone has come up with a solution.

The problem I'm running into is with the touch screen accuracy. It seems the touch sensor is skewed to the right about a half inch which makes accessing the menu's difficult to impossible depending on the section of the screen they are in. Its been an annoyance for awhile, but I just installed the OEM optional kicker audio upgrade and am unable to access the EQ settings to turn the bass down to a resonable setting so I need to get it figured out.

So far I've tried unplugging the unit to do a hard reset, which seems to have made the screen issue worse. I also tried to re-calibrate it in the bios, but the screen is too out of sync to complete the process. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try? I've come across other threads describing the same issue but none of them had a solution other than having the dealer warranty the head unit.

Assuming the worst and the screen needs to be replaced, does anyone have a part number or link to a replacement screen that will work with the OEM Divx head unit? I'm comfortable with electronics repair and don't mind getting my hands dirty if needed.

Last edited by RustyS14; 05-06-2024 at 07:55 PM.
RustyS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 06:05 PM   #2
2.2Lude

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'll be the first to admit I don't enjoy working with electronics and I had pretty much the exact same touch calibration problems + bluetooth connectivity issues with a 2014 BRZ I picked up last year.

After some research I concluded the units are just known to be junk and picked up an aftermarket Pioneer unit for about $250 used on here with a plug and play harness and have been happy since. The OEM headunit was unbelievably frustrating and I only had it for a few weeks.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:06 PM   #3
RustyS14

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2Lude View Post
After some research I concluded the units are just known to be junk and picked up an aftermarket Pioneer unit for about $250 used on here with a plug and play harness and have been happy since. The OEM headunit was unbelievably frustrating and I only had it for a few weeks.
Yeah, the OEM headunit is pretty bad. Its like they were trying to make it feel more like a aftermarket unit and went a bit too far. Keeping it saves me the hassle of re-wiring my backup camera and oem sub though.
RustyS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:35 AM   #4
2.2Lude

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
https://www.autoharnesshouse.com has plug and play harnesses for a really good price + Brian is super helpful via email on getting you set up correctly.
2.2Lude is offline   Reply With Quote