follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #127
Trojan_SC

Drives: '14 Monogram FR-S(RIP)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobee View Post
I am jelly... I won't be ready to order an FRS or BRZ til January 2015... hope they have another Monogram series by then
There will be some other edition(s), no doubt. Likely a release series with TRD goodies.

At that point I wouldn't be interested as I've already picked and chose the TRD goodies that I actually want. And if a TRD package is TRD USA parts...no thanks. TRD JP FTW!

Only reason I want this one is this is what I wanted in the first place. Basically a GT86. When I was shopping, I was severely torn between the BRZ and FRS because of the extra goodies the BRZ had, but I couldn't say no to the FRS' front fascia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fett4Real View Post
Well the crap wing is still there...not a fan of it
Just take it off and replace with another wing of your choice. That's what I'm doing. That scion wing is FUGLY IMO, worse than the BRZ wing. TRD duckbill FTW
Trojan_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #128
Lverasky
RedBunny w/ Wing

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
that is not much more different to a FR-S 10 series?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #129
Pickleahoy

Drives: 10 Series #1617
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_noel View Post
that is not much more different to a FR-S 10 series?
Its very much different since you never got leather with the 10 series and paid the same for a lit up badge and a plaque instead
Pickleahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #130
Fett4Real
AKA Mugen Dom

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2007 FJ Voodoo Blue
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan_SC View Post
There will be some other edition(s), no doubt. Likely a release series with TRD goodies.

At that point I wouldn't be interested as I've already picked and chose the TRD goodies that I actually want. And if a TRD package is TRD USA parts...no thanks. TRD JP FTW!

Only reason I want this one is this is what I wanted in the first place. Basically a GT86. When I was shopping, I was severely torn between the BRZ and FRS because of the extra goodies the BRZ had, but I couldn't say no to the FRS' front fascia.

Just take it off and replace with another wing of your choice. That's what I'm doing. That scion wing is FUGLY IMO, worse than the BRZ wing. TRD duckbill FTW
Yeh PAY for something you dont want...there you go. That is dumb.
Fett4Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #131
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Yeh PAY for something you dont want...there you go. That is dumb.
I'm pretty sure everyone pays for something they don't want. Considering all cars now come with some sort of "convenience package" of crap. I'm guessing you're some sort of genius though and circumvent that? Didn't know you had that kind of pull with a car manufacturer. My apologies.

Anyway, I'm swapping the scion wing onto my current one and giving that to the dealer. So I don't have to give away my TRD wing, and don't have to keep the scion wing. Less trouble than trying to sell that ugly ass wing.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #132
Fett4Real
AKA Mugen Dom

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2007 FJ Voodoo Blue
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Its stupid they put things on the car without the option to be removed. Im pretty over the wing on the car as it is now...The 10 series didnt come with it why should the monogram. To much to ask? Maybe, but the customer should get options.

And save the sarcasm for your friends its pointless to be an asshole to someone you dont know.
Fett4Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #133
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Its stupid they put things on the car without the option to be removed. Im pretty over the wing on the car as it is now...The 10 series didnt come with it why should the monogram. To much to ask? Maybe, but the customer should get options.

And save the sarcasm for your friends its pointless to be an asshole to someone you dont know.
Says the guy passively talking $hit?

But I digress. I will agree that it is stupid for them to "force" you to get something that can't be taken off, it is what it is. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Plain and simple. Minor inconvenience. The customer should get options, but like we've seen with this car since day 1, scion has just dropped the ball. I stil enjoyed mine, a 30k miles of it and will enjoy the new one even more.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #134
FRSHunter

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
After you guys pick up your monogram frs' are you guys going to trade it in and get the 2015 Release Series 1.0 featuring a JDM trash compactor and JDM Potato Slicer?

The amount you lose for trading this car in is huge. My frs with 16k miles is only worth 18-19k already. Is everyone here just made of money or something?
FRSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #135
Trojan_SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSHunter View Post
After you guys pick up your monogram frs' are you guys going to trade it in and get the 2015 Release Series 1.0 featuring a JDM trash compactor and JDM Potato Slicer?

The amount you lose for trading this car in is huge. My frs with 16k miles is only worth 18-19k already. Is everyone here just made of money or something?

Nah, not trading it in after this. I just want what I wanted in the first place dude. Other people might though, wouldn't doubt it. A trash compactor and potato slicer would be pretty awesome though...hmmm.

Some people here are made of money, I can think of one specific build thread. Me, I'm brown, not green and I'd prefer keeping it that way. But I'm damn sure not strapped for cash. I guess the benefits of making good investments with mad deployment loot and landing a good job after college and not having kids. Yay me!

The way I see it, I leased this car for 1.5 years. If you want to worry about losing money, don't get a new car ever, buy old, really old. Man you should be worried about the people who lease a new car every 3 years, those people must be made of money though, I work in auto finance, I see that all the time. It's crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan_SC For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #136
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSHunter View Post

Just traded my 13 FRS for a 14 BRZ Limited. Guess what? If they ever come out with an enhanced engine, the 14 is going away.

I'm not made of money. But I do pay a good bit on my car to cover the hit after driving it off the lot. Some people piss their money away on drugs, others expensive clothes. I piss my money away on my family first, then the house and everything that entails. For me? I get cars and the occasional new watch or pair of sunglasses. It's what I personally enjoy. I'm not sure why everyone worries so much about what people do with their finances?
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadMoon For This Useful Post:
AznKirby (01-10-2014), Jose_Timberlake (01-28-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #137
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleahoy View Post
Its very much different since you never got leather with the 10 series and paid the same for a lit up badge and a plaque instead
Leather and alcantara seat that would suffer the same fate as my cloth seats... not very different if you ask me...
Luis_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #138
dun3

Drives: 2013 Ultra Marine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
gawd damn... #happywithmy13frs
dun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #139
hushypushy
ビーアールゼット

Drives: WRB BRZ '18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Okay, the features/gadgets are one of the differentiations between the FR-S, BRZ, and 86/GT86, and that's what everyone likes to focus on.

But what about the SINGLE LARGEST DIFFERENCE (imo) between the FR-S and BRZ? That's right, I'm talking about sound insulation. I drove a BRZ and I was honestly blown away by how much quieter the car was and how much better the stereo sounded.

So does the FR-S Monogram have standard FR-S insulation? (which is practically nothing) Or does it have BRZ insulation?
hushypushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #140
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
Okay, the features/gadgets are one of the differentiations between the FR-S, BRZ, and 86/GT86, and that's what everyone likes to focus on.

But what about the SINGLE LARGEST DIFFERENCE (imo) between the FR-S and BRZ? That's right, I'm talking about sound insulation. I drove a BRZ and I was honestly blown away by how much quieter the car was and how much better the stereo sounded.

So does the FR-S Monogram have standard FR-S insulation? (which is practically nothing) Or does it have BRZ insulation?
BRZ insulation?? There's no difference other than the trunk lid liner.