follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,180 Times in 6,836 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
so your saying the tein flex is the best for my price range? What makes them better then stance? From a post I saw on here that the ride is bouncer then stock, does this mean low spring rates?

I would like to say this again, im going to track the car LIGHTLY, so i see no need in coils that are over 2k+. I would just like to know that the coils im getting will be good for those track days ill go to.

*edit* after reading some more im going with buddy club coils. After reading some reviews it seems like buddy club fits my driving style alot.
Sounds like whoever used it didn't play with the adjustments...

As with everything else, the tool (coilover in this case) is only as good as the person using it.

On a site note, if you're going to run a marathon LIGHTLY, would you just do training for a few mile runs, or train for long, endurance runs? I always recommend that people prep their cars for the harshest conditions it will be exposed to.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Drives: Goal: Oldest FRS State Side
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
On a site note, if you're going to run a marathon LIGHTLY, would you just do training for a few mile runs, or train for long, endurance runs? I always recommend that people prep their cars for the harshest conditions it will be exposed to.
I really think comparing running a marathon and spending 2k+ on coils that will only see light track days 3 or less times a year is kinda on the opposite spectrum. I have already dont autox on my car if that helps in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhei View Post
Not to be rude, but why ask the question if you are going to completely ignore all advice given to you?
because stock is not a option. Ever since i got my car back in may the wheel gap has been killing me.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
CSG Mike

Quote:
I really think comparing running a marathon and spending 2k+ on coils that will only see light track days 3 or less times a year is kinda on the opposite spectrum. I have already dont autox on my car if that helps in any way.
Most people that even attempt a marathon only make a single attempt in their lifetime.

The low end coilovers you mentioned are great for getting the right look, but I can pretty much guarantee that stock suspension will outperform them on track. Another option would be to swap on stock suspension JUST for track days.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
akuhei

Drives: Raven M/T FR-S
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
because stock is not a option. Ever since i got my car back in may the wheel gap has been killing me.
Didnt really answer the question. Still seems like you are more or less just ignoring advice either way just because it doesnt match what you want to hear.

Imo, get some springs. Save the rest of your money for something else.

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
akuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhei View Post
Didnt really answer the question. Still seems like you are more or less just ignoring advice either way just because it doesnt match what you want to hear.

Imo, get some springs. Save the rest of your money for something else.
I have read what they said and it's just either buy expensive ones (which i dont feel the price will be justified) or keep stock which i wont for reasons stated above. Im 100% going with buddy club since it seems it fits my driving style.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Im 100% going with buddy club since it seems it fits my driving style.
Care to explain this a bit? Seems pretty nebulous to me.

Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #21
catch240

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is getting out of hand.

He asked a simple question, essentially: Which of these coilovers in my price range should i get?

- Dont suggest coilovers out of his price range, we all know you get what you pay for.
- And dont be an a-hole and try to tell him that he should go with more expensive ones because the quality is "like butter"

Back on topic: go with stance
catch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNate View Post
Care to explain this a bit? Seems pretty nebulous to me.

Nathan
Buddy club spring rates are 9k front and 7k rear. This will make the front have more control over the back end. I also like the high spring rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch240 View Post
This is getting out of hand.

He asked a simple question, essentially: Which of these coilovers in my price range should i get?

- Dont suggest coilovers out of his price range, we all know you get what you pay for.
- And dont be an a-hole and try to tell him that he should go with more expensive ones because the quality is "like butter"

Back on topic: go with stance
Ty this is the post I was expecting. I appreciate every's response in this thread but it was a simple question. Also before someone says "it all depends on your driving style" I know this but i'm just trying to gather information.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
CSG Mike

Quote:
Buddy club spring rates are 9k front and 7k rear. This will make the front have more control over the back end. I also like the high spring rate.

Ty this is the post I was expecting. I appreciate every's response in this thread but it was a simple question. Also before someone says "it all depends on your driving style" I know this but i'm just trying to gather information.
That's a massively understeery setup. I suggest you read RCE's excellent post here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9936

While virtually unheard of in sub 1500 coilovers, there's a reason we run stiffer springs in the rear of our record holding BRZ.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
JoeBoxer (03-12-2013), WolfsFang (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
Xdragonxb0i

Drives: ex500r
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ground Control Street system, Fortune Auto 500, Tien Basics/Flexes are all other options you should consider they are under 1500