follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Hawaii

Hawaii Aloha!

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Ah...I hate seeing these threads, but that's definitely fixable and I'm glad you weren't hurt OP!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
Crackseed (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #16
Crackseed
Island Style Noob

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S [Ultramarine]
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmonkey View Post
Yeah, I had the car for 5 weeks and it was 4 more weeks until I could get into Kuroda. They had to order parts and whatnot but offered car rental through them (I think it was Enterprise). The total time in the shop was 1 week but well worth it. People cannot tell that I was in an accident unless I tell them. Of course, mine wasn't as bad as yours and my car was still drivable.

Good Luck!
My car is still drive capable thankfully - I can hear the wheel rubbing the bent damage a bit and due to how the fender/bumper was smashed in it scrapes when I go over certain areas but the car is not leaking anything and looks to just be superficially hurt. I just would rather not use it TOO much if I can avoid it - would hate to exacerbate the damage. Luckily I get to take it in tomorrow for inspection by Geico AND Kuroda so I'll have an idea of what we've got going on and then I just have to wait till they have an opening.

Their estimate is mid-July to begin work on my car, so that's entirely doable for me and even more so since I'm fortunate to have a back-up car for use right now.
Crackseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackseed For This Useful Post:
travelmonkey (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
01s0uljah

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackseed View Post
If I had any genuine faith in my ability to repair this kind of damage and I don't - I have 0 shame in admitting it's beyond me to do. While the wait is unfortunate, knowing it'll be handled by professionals and cost me very little is good peace of mind
I had a similar incident and I did the repair myself. Saved myself the insurance headache and a couple grand. The fender and bumper come off relatively easy. Judging from your pics.. You'll need a new bumper + paint and some elbow grease to get everything to line up.
01s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #18
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Turning into the Burger King in Pearl City for some lunch and while my field of vision said I was clear, apparently with all the backed up traffic and the lower vision level afforded by our cars, a white tacoma was coming down the last lane pretty quickly and by the time I emerged into the lane there was no way to reverse quickly or for him to stop and wham.

Le-sigh -teach me to go to BK instead of bringing home lunch
Yeap, learnt that the hard way before too. All of my cars are lower compared to normal and especially the 4 wheel drives/ pick ups. So I just wait although every now and then I'd need to gesture to people that I am not being slow but just can't see past the car next to me.
Other than that, good luck with getting it fixed.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You can also try a 'Yelp' search for body shops in our area which might be better since I don't think there are a whole lot of us living in paradise, if you catch my drift.............

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...c7812309b49b33
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #20
808FT86

Drives: 2014 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kurodas was great! Shelly (<- i think that was her name?) was the associate that handled my transaction with them. i couldn't tell that i was in an accident and everything was running great. i tried to get sideways since i got my car back so theres a few battle scars already so a picture of my car currently wouldn't do much justice. total shop time was 1 month for me but i only waited to get my car in the shop for about a week. good luck with your car and hopefully it'll be back on the road soon!
808FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #21
Crackseed
Island Style Noob

Garage
Realized I hadn't updated this! So my car goes in on Thursday - Mr. Kuroda himself came out to look my car over and said it's going to be a pretty easy fix - all pretty much superficial damage, replacing a headlight and re-seating the hood plus painting.

Car will be in the shop for about 5 days - certainly set my mind at ease. I'll update once I get it back. Definitely appreciate the recommend for Kurodas though - despite the wait, fantastic impression so far.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #22
Crackseed
Island Style Noob

Garage
Dat Kuroda Auto man - those peeps are awesome Got my car back today and that front end is pretty much like it rolled out of the shop fresh. And without having to drive to and from Waianae every damn day probably means WAY less nicks/dings to worry about!

Such a huge weight off my chest having her back like this - now I just need to get it detailed which was delayed due to the accident xD
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackseed For This Useful Post:
travelmonkey (07-25-2014)
Old 07-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #23
travelmonkey

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Dat Kuroda Auto man - those peeps are awesome Got my car back today and that front end is pretty much like it rolled out of the shop fresh. And without having to drive to and from Waianae every damn day probably means WAY less nicks/dings to worry about!

Such a huge weight off my chest having her back like this - now I just need to get it detailed which was delayed due to the accident xD

Nice! Congrats man - glad it all worked out for you.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote