follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
Suba-dude64

Drives: MT Galaxy Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Engine Stumbling, No Codes

Greetings wise and gracious forum members,
I have a 2013 BRZ that I have been struggling with for some time now. I was driving it on the OFT tune, stock headers. I had the valve spring recall done and the first dealer messed something up, so I took it to another dealer and they supposedly fixed it via a master technician. I told him to throw new spark plugs in while he was in there. It was fine after that for more than a year but then it started having the "firecracker" sound under the hood. I found the Counter Space Garage maintenance guide and replaced the Coil Packs with the quad spark ones they have. Maybe they're not good. I read on here the stock ones can fail on early cars.
It was still popping so I sent the injectors to be serviced and seals replaced as on early cars, they can fail. Once it was put back together, no more firecracker but it had a misfire. I figured out it was a port injector so I replaced it. Now it's occasionally stumbling under load once it's warmed up, but there are no codes. I have replaced the 02 sensor and checked the MAF sensor to clean it and found the plastic was broken, so replaced it. I recently replaced the fuel pump and sock filter, all to no avail. I ave also tried reloading the tune and the stock tune.

What's the best way to post my OFT data logs? The logs are me driving up a mountain road with the weird stumbling happening sometimes. I know some stuff from reading on here but nothing stands out to me as an issue. Sorry for the essay. Am I missing something obvious?
Suba-dude64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suba-dude64 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-06-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 12:10 AM   #2
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,341 Times in 7,389 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Use datazap to upload logs and link them.

https://datazap.me/
Old 05-06-2024, 11:22 PM   #3
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,911 Times in 16,462 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'd suggest that you try a different code reader. Usually, a misfire will throw a code.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:49 PM   #4
Suba-dude64

Drives: MT Galaxy Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've been burnt from work, but I need to get this thing running. My backup car, the 97 Impreza, has developed a nasty case of the vibrations. The BRZ battery was dead, I threw a new one in it and it started but idled pretty poorly with misses. I grabbed the OFT and of course it now runs smoothly with no codes still. What are the best parameters to monitor for something like this? Thank you for any insight
Suba-dude64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suba-dude64 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 10:14 PM   #5
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,911 Times in 16,462 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suba-dude64 View Post
I've been burnt from work, but I need to get this thing running. My backup car, the 97 Impreza, has developed a nasty case of the vibrations. The BRZ battery was dead, I threw a new one in it and it started but idled pretty poorly with misses. I grabbed the OFT and of course it now runs smoothly with no codes still. What are the best parameters to monitor for something like this? Thank you for any insight
Sometimes when you replace the battery in these cars, it takes it a few miles to "learn" about the new battery, then the idle will smooth out.
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote