follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
jonboy99

Drives: Black Panda BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to remove headers without disconnecting frontpipe?

Hey guys, a kind of non exhaust-related question but this seems the right forum to ask.

I need to drop the headers to install a block heater, and can't figure out if I can remove the headers without taking out the midpipe to allow me to shift the overpipe back a bit to let the headers come off. Looks like the bolts in the overpipe may stop me bringing the headers down if it isn't moved back a bit.

Do I need to loosen the overpipe to let the headers drop? I'm trying to figure out how many gaskets I need to buy before installing the block heater.

Thanks
Jon
jonboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
mjsivee

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I was able to leave the overpipe and front pipe on with no problem when I installed my Rev Works Headers. The biggest pain was loosening the secondary o2 sensor. Good Luck!!!
mjsivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
jonboy99

Drives: Black Panda BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Perfect, thanks. Shouldn't need to worry about the o2 sensors as I can just temporarily disconnect them at the other end I think.

Jon
jonboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
mjsivee

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
You will have to hold the bolt on the opposite side (with a wrench) while you loosen it on the other side off. And will just have to switch sides holding the bolt and screwing it off with the other bolt.

That might sound confusing but its pretty straightforward once you get underneath there.
mjsivee is offline   Reply With Quote