follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #155
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Whaaaaaaaat? I wanted a BRz in hot lava!

Fail. I guess I have to determine whether I want red or white.

Argh.
I know, Scion Canada has failed to explain why. This isn't a Series 10 special colour scheme...these are the standard colours that you can order on the base car! If you want one you have to do it quickly especially if you want a manual.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #156
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
I know, Scion Canada has failed to explain why. This isn't a Series 10 special colour scheme...these are the standard colours that you can order on the base car! If you want one you have to do it quickly especially if you want a manual.
It never seizes to amaze me at how retarded Scion/Toyota/Lexus Canada is at their package choices.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #157
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
Screw them, I am not rushing myself to buy a car that I cannot get in my colour. The BRZ comes in colours I want with the trim I want. They just lost a customer due to a rather retarded decision.

I really wanted to bring my money to them but if this is true then they just closed the door on me.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #158
jedichimp
OG <FR-S'less> Member

Drives: yes
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
As long as I can get Whiteout, I think I just found my FR-S.

panda cheez
jedichimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #159
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
It never seizes to amaze me at how retarded Scion/Toyota/Lexus Canada is at their package choices.
Scion isn't even performing well to begin with. Its as Frost is saying, we want to give them our money...but they keep giving us plenty of reasons not to give them money. I certainly can't say I'm 100% satisfied, I wanted a blue one and the US Monogram gets that...why can't I in Canada? Hell I'd happily pay extra but nope, they don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Screw them, I am not rushing myself to buy a car that I cannot get in my colour. The BRZ comes in colours I want with the trim I want. They just lost a customer due to a rather retarded decision.

I really wanted to bring my money to them but if this is true then they just closed the door on me.
Indeed, that's why I gave the warning. Being limited is already awful enough, taking away colour choices for no good reason...its frustrating.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #160
Jaylyons1

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ; 1993 Skyline GT-R
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm not sure how selling their vehicles for sticker is burning through money. Limited inventory of what is basically a model they already build with different badges means that these will unlikely need cash on the hood to move. And the fact they are asking less than a BRZ or 10 series means that it makes a good value proposition.
For one, they aren't selling them for sticker. Its ridiculously easy to get them for $1-2k under msrp for the limited models coming out and for $3-4k under msrp otherwise.

However, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to them burning through money with every new edition. It costs money to come up with all these new "editions" they keep releasing. It just makes it that more evident that they won't be improving the car anytime soon.
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #161
Rio

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S ハチ
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 View Post
For one, they aren't selling them for sticker. Its ridiculously easy to get them for $1-2k under msrp for the limited models coming out and for $3-4k under msrp otherwise.

However, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to them burning through money with every new edition. It costs money to come up with all these new "editions" they keep releasing. It just makes it that more evident that they won't be improving the car anytime soon.

When you really think about it, there is no money burning at all. Why? Because these are not really new features or equipment. All it probably takes is parts supply and re-programing on their manufacturing process and done! It's probably a couple code changes or re-purposing of the GT86 line up or BRZ . A very small investment for a minimal level of exclusivity that helps their marketing efforts.

It may not entice most of us, but to the non-enthusiast who wants a cheap sports car with all of the "condiments", it is set! LOL
Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #162
kbye

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
When you really think about it, there is no money burning at all. Why? Because these are not really new features or equipment. All it probably takes is parts supply and re-programing on their manufacturing process and done! It's probably a couple code changes or re-purposing of the GT86 line up or BRZ . A very small investment for a minimal level of exclusivity that helps their marketing efforts.

It may not entice most of us, but to the non-enthusiast who wants a cheap sports car with all of the "condiments", it is set! LOL
I'm an enthusiast but I want the "condiments". So sue me!
kbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #163
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Monogram Series FR-S is official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 View Post

Are the FR-Ss selling for under sticker or not? Seems like everyone always says that they end up with a BRZ because you can get invoice pricing where Pure Pricing doesn't allow nearly as much flexibility. Now you are saying that the standard FR-S is available easily for $4k under MSRP? Well, hot damn, I'll go ahead and buy one now. I don't need the toys for my toy.

The amount to offer these special editions that require zero additional R&D is minuscule compared to offering an additional engine or even optional wheels or aero bits. The R&D is already covered for these seats, push button, HVAC, and headlights. It is just marketing cost. Press releases and website updates are not expensive. The plates that say #1234 of 2000 are probably the biggest cost that comes about from these special editions that just use already developed parts.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #164
Rio

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S ハチ
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbye View Post
I'm an enthusiast but I want the "condiments". So sue me!
Key word in my statement: "may not". So no need or desire to take any legal action against you :-)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #165
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Wow, is Scion really this retarded? Here's the pattern so far and what it's going to be from now on.

Summer 2012: We're offering a base mono-spec car for cheap. We don't believe in "trim" levels. You can't have the GT86 options. No one wants them in North America.

Summer 2013: Just kidding! We'll give you SOME of those options we said no one wants, but some people do want, and we'll throw in more stuff you might not want, but only in one colour. It's called the 10-Series and will have exclusive features that no other FR-S will have.

January 2014 (6 months later): Just kidding! We said only the 10-Series will get some of the cool things, now we'll give you guys the Monogram Series! All the things you wanted in the 10-Series but now we'll give you all the OTHER things you wanted as well, for less than the price of the exclusive 10-Series! We'll give you the GT86 you asked for a year and a half ago. But wait, there's more! You can't have all the colours you want.

Summer 2014 (another 6 months later): Alright, you know how we said you can't have all the colours you want? Well, you can have all the colours you want!

January 2015 (another 6 months later): We're giving you the Release Series 1.0 you've all been waiting for. Crazy yellow colour! Will be an exclusive colour that no other FR-S will have!

Summer 2015: Power upgrade y'all! But we're taking away the GT86 features to keep the price down! No more trim levels (we still hate trim levels), BUT we'll give you the yellow colour you all wanted from the RS1.0!

Summer 2015: Alright, alright. We'll give you SOME of the features you wanted from the GT86, but you also get glowing badges.

January 2016: Alright, now you get ALL of the GT86 features with the power upgrade like you always wanted. We're the best brand giving you all you want!

And so on...
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kALMIGHTY For This Useful Post:
Bristecom (01-13-2014), FR-Sh86 (01-12-2014), IntotheOcean (01-20-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #166
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kALMIGHTY View Post
Wow, is Scion really this retarded? Here's the pattern so far and what it's going to be from now on.

Summer 2012: We're offering a base mono-spec car for cheap. We don't believe in "trim" levels. You can't have the GT86 options. No one wants them in North America.

Summer 2013: Just kidding! We'll give you SOME of those options we said no one wants, but some people do want, and we'll throw in more stuff you might not want, but only in one colour. It's called the 10-Series and will have exclusive features that no other FR-S will have.

January 2014 (6 months later): Just kidding! We said only the 10-Series will get some of the cool things, now we'll give you guys the Monogram Series! All the things you wanted in the 10-Series but now we'll give you all the OTHER things you wanted as well, for less than the price of the exclusive 10-Series! We'll give you the GT86 you asked for a year and a half ago. But wait, there's more! You can't have all the colours you want.

Summer 2014 (another 6 months later): Alright, you know how we said you can't have all the colours you want? Well, you can have all the colours you want!

January 2015 (another 6 months later): We're giving you the Release Series 1.0 you've all been waiting for. Crazy yellow colour! Will be an exclusive colour that no other FR-S will have!

Summer 2015: Power upgrade y'all! But we're taking away the GT86 features to keep the price down! No more trim levels (we still hate trim levels), BUT we'll give you the yellow colour you all wanted from the RS1.0!

Summer 2015: Alright, alright. We'll give you SOME of the features you wanted from the GT86, but you also get glowing badges.

January 2016: Alright, now you get ALL of the GT86 features with the power upgrade like you always wanted. We're the best brand giving you all you want!

And so on...
And at every step of that, they have new buyers, and the potential for trade-ins. Doesn't sound retarded to me

It's a bitch move, though. hah.

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #167
kbye

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Think about it this way: the monogram has the same specs as the brz limited/sport tech, so really, the target demographic is the same. Non-enthusiasts are not going to even have a chance to buy a limited edition car, enthusiasts will scoop them up first. All nine of the 10 series allocated for my city were sold out before they even arrived in the country.
kbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #168
Snowblind
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
A lot of butthurt in this thread.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowblind For This Useful Post:
cyde01 (01-11-2014), Quentin (01-11-2014), Trojan_SC (01-11-2014)