follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
How do i get in touch with either mike or james?

Can anyone PM me their contact numbers?
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
ogredave

Drives: Sc10n FR-S #0086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interested also in SoCal, GB?
ogredave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Nivek

Drives: Zonda
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes, please PM me too!
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #18
ogredave

I believe Mike was banned for not being a vendor (read on another thread). I found some options near me, probably trying one this weekend or early next week. Will follow up ..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #19
HotLeopardMama
Hello Kitty FRS ^_^

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Glossworks is prolly the best around--their cars always look flawless at events.

Mike screwed up my paint after he said he thought he could fix a lil paint chip for us, but totally made it worse. I wrapped my roof to hide it. I'm sure he's fine for just detailing or Opticoat, but don't let him do anything else for you--even if he says it'll be easy for him and don't worry.

2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout AT owner since June 2, 2012 - #2803
RS*R Sports-i Coilovers & LCAs|OEMaudio+ Reference|Milltek Exhaust|OZRacing FormulaHLT Wheels|Downforce CF Lip Kit|Beat-Sonic Fin & Roof Spoiler|Cusco Rear Subframe Brace
My Build Thread|Tuesday Night Irvine DJ Meet|@HotLeopardMama
HotLeopardMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #20
ogredave

I finally got it done at Rhino Custom Detailing (rhinowash.net) in Huntington Beach. They're super close to me and gave me a discount over the advertised price of $399. Note that the price includes car wash & prep. The prep is pretty much the key to getting good results.

I found them by looking at the authorized dealers and they turned out to be right up the street for me. I also checked Yelp before calling/scheduling, they have great reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/rhino-custom...ntington-beach (5 stars, 107 reviews)

I didn't ask for anything specific other than to remove the rear plate and I pointed out some of the residue the PDI guys (and me) missed during delivery of the car. I came back pleasantly surprised to find that he coated the trim, the black plastic parts like the mirror & rear bumper, and the face of the rims along with the paint on the car. He didn't do the grill but I understand that since there are way too many grooves. He did do the foglight area and the lights too. It took roughly 5 hours. Car looks great other than my rock chips

They (we) missed a spot - I was a little bit in a rush to leave on pickup so I had to come back. They took care of it no problem and I believe they stand behind their work. I will be taking my wife's GTI there next.

If you guys are interested in the price you can call them, ask for Alex (owner). He might remember the silver/gray FR-S. But note that it also depends on the condition of the car. Mine was less than 2 weeks old. They will give an exact quote after examining in person. The quote he gave me on the phone was the quote I got since my car didn't have any surprises.

I'm happy to answer any questions if you guys are still looking in SoCal. Hope this helps. Can post pics if you like.

Last edited by ogredave; 08-17-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-17-2013, 03:15 AM   #21
Thunderiff

Drives: 1's Dark n 1's Beat Up
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Envious Auto Detailing does awesome work

http://www.enviousautodetailing.com/

his name is eric, a professional detailer. look him up on a detailing site ( www.autopia.org ). he lives in aliso viejo and hes detailing my car again at the end of aug. he detailed my car couple years back. give him a call. tell him rad sent ya
Thunderiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #22
imom

Drives: BRZ sold
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I just got my BRZ recently... and I did a lot of research as well looking for a good detailer and if you look on opti coat website... there's only a few that are authorized opti-coat pro aka opti-guard. Some of the other detailers use the consumer version.

I'm happy to mention Mitch from eco shine since he spent 11 hours working on my car and it's brand new...just shows the level of attention he does with cars he details. His number is 818-339-4909. I don't get why forum member don't post contact numbers of people they recommend... I was always annoyed with not being able to see who and from what company instead they just mention first name only. Anyways Mitch is also a great guy...happy with going with Mitch... I'm very picky and cautious of who works on my cars.
imom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imom For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (10-07-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #23
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Richard from ShowCarDetailing is definitely the #1 in SoCal in my book. I've had first hand experiences with couple of other detailers mentioned above..., but nobody was able to fix the issues I had except Richard. Now, all 3 of my cars are regularly maintained by him religiously.

Check out the FB page here:

https://www.facebook.com/ShowCarDetailing
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
F-T

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Glossworks in Los Angeles is the best!! he has dont work for many of our customers and is high quality immaculate work. His name is Tuan Chun 626-710-0929. Let him know that Fuzion Teknique referred you and hell give you a great deal!!
F-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
kinryu

Drives: 2004 tsx aspec manual /FRS WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I recommend glossworks LA. TUAN is very reputable and done many frs . He also details high end cars for sema and shows so he knows his stuff. I get my car done all the time from him. He uses a better brand for the clear coat protectant. Call him at 1 626-710-0929.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10634
kinryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
FV

Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2013 BRZ LMT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLeopardMama View Post
Glossworks is prolly the best around--their cars always look flawless at events.

Mike screwed up my paint after he said he thought he could fix a lil paint chip for us, but totally made it worse. I wrapped my roof to hide it. I'm sure he's fine for just detailing or Opticoat, but don't let him do anything else for you--even if he says it'll be easy for him and don't worry.
I know this post was done awhile ago but I need to chip in.

I agree don't use Mike. He came highly recommended but he opticoated my car a little too fast. After reviewing the car, I noticed a bunch of imperfections on the car UNDER the opticoat, did he even try? He decided to fix the imperfections only AFTER wanting to charge more.

Go with someone authorized and in a shop.
FV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FV For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (10-18-2013)
Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
shanx

Drives: slowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FV View Post
I know this post was done awhile ago but I need to chip in.

I agree don't use Mike. He came highly recommended but he opticoated my car a little too fast. After reviewing the car, I noticed a bunch of imperfections on the car UNDER the opticoat, did he even try? He decided to fix the imperfections only AFTER wanting to charge more.

Go with someone authorized and in a shop.
I'm trying to decide between Mike and James for opticoat. It seems like James charges $100 more. I've generally seen very good reviews of both, with the two above being the only negative ones for Mike. Does anyone else have input on who is better given their prices?
shanx is offline   Reply With Quote