follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #4579
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,157 Times in 8,347 Posts
Mentioned: 689 Post(s)
Tagged: 28 Thread(s)
Getting hungry... Time for brunch
Old 08-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #4580
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Brunch is better than breakfast, better than lunch. It proves that sometimes 2 + 2 = 5.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
Giccin (08-08-2012), OrbitalEllipses (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #4581
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I would never

But the thought had crossed my mind a couple of times earlier in life. Girls were brutal in middle school. It was just their special time in life you know!

I will say that it was better than the guy you quoted who decided to just sink into a dark hole and ponder life without love.
I'm sure you're right. Becoming a recluse because of depression, rejection or unmet emotional needs is almost always the wrong way of dealing with things.

However, the fictional person quoted saying this later grew up to be a very successful entrepreneur, scientist, and even became a hero. It takes great strength of mind to self-reflect and change the negative direction one may be facing.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #4582
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 25,092 Times in 11,446 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Brunch is better than breakfast, better than lunch. It proves that sometimes 2 + 2 = 5.
Personally I'm a bigger fan of Linner. If you're gonna sleep in, sleep in!

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #4583
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Shake head to black cars...

They're so... externally high maintenance. Lol
But its worth it, imo. Black cars are so sinisterly good looking. And it would just give me another reason to pay more attention to that car, even if it has to do with washing it over and over again.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #4584
Memphis

Drives: Scion FantasticRoad-Sex
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
I'm sure you're right. Becoming a recluse because of depression, rejection or unmet emotional needs is almost always the wrong way of dealing with things.

However, the fictional person quoted saying this later grew up to be a very successful entrepreneur, scientist, and even became a hero. It takes great strength of mind to self-reflect and change the negative direction one may be facing.
To quote one of my favorite bible verses.

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-7, The Message)
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #4585
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
But its worth it, imo. Black cars are so sinisterly good looking. And it would just give me another reason to pay more attention to that car, even if it has to do with washing it over and over again.
They definitely do look good, but its like a hidden-jem-girl/boy. Messy looking but once really cleaned up... Mmmmmhmmmmmmmm. Lol

Although, once I start washing my car I go OCD on everything during the cleaning.

"Must clean inside." "Must clean the tire chamber," "Must clean engine bay" "must clean between doors" "Must clean windshield wipers" "must make carpet smell like strawberries or some sort of sexy fruit" "Must clean all seats and little compartments"

Yea.. :/ Takes me 4ish hours to clean my car. LOL

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #4586
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
They definitely do look good, but its like a hidden-jem-girl/boy. Messy looking but once really cleaned up... Mmmmmhmmmmmmmm. Lol

Although, once I start washing my car I go OCD on everything during the cleaning.

"Must clean inside." "Must clean the tire chamber," "Must clean engine bay" "must clean between doors" "Must clean windshield wipers" "must make carpet smell like strawberries or some sort of sexy fruit" "Must clean all seats and little compartments"

I know people can be anal about washing or keeping their car clean. But you're taking it to whole other level there honey.
I know I'd like to just wash my car and be done with it, unless its really bad (rare) then I'll scrub by hand. Then I'd vacuum out all rubber mats and floors from the rubbish that was left behind by friends, clean every angle on the dash, clean up the windows, and clean up the seats, and top it off by refreshing the car with some fabreeze or cologne as a last resort. So no silly strawberry smell in my car, thats for sure. That would take me about an hour or 2 if I'm trying to impress someone.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #4587
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

This is me.

My buddy had to get my best friend back for a prank so he threw a Fruitista Freeze all over black Mustang... It's very dusty here in Miami and holyyyy crap idk how he didn't decapitate him lol.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #4588
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
This is me.

My buddy had to get my best friend back for a prank so he threw a Fruitista Freeze all over black Mustang... It's very dusty here in Miami and holyyyy crap idk how he didn't decapitate him lol.
Thats wrong. You don't mess with a man's car, just like you don't kick him in the jimmies.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldSkoolToys For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #4589
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
I know people can be anal about washing or keeping their car clean. But you're taking it to whole other level there honey.
I know I'd like to just wash my car and be done with it, unless its really bad (rare) then I'll scrub by hand. Then I'd vacuum out all rubber mats and floors from the rubbish that was left behind by friends, clean every angle on the dash, clean up the windows, and clean up the seats, and top it off by refreshing the car with some fabreeze or cologne as a last resort. So no silly strawberry smell in my car, thats for sure. That would take me about an hour or 2 if I'm trying to impress someone.
Haha. xD

I just like a nice smelling car. A smell that's suttle and won't make me sick if I smell it for a long time.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #4590
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
My friend- "What leader built the Great Pyramid of Giza?"
Me- "Daft Punk of course."
History learned.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #4591
shadoquad
a quote out of context

Drives: '20 BRZ, '17 Silverado, '17 S1000R
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
My friend- "What leader built the Great Pyramid of Giza?"
Me- "Daft Punk of course."
History learned.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #4592
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Thats wrong. You don't mess with a man's car, just like you don't kick him in the jimmies.
It's not like he used brake fluid. Besides we don't know what the cea owner did to deserve the payback.
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?