follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
marchocais

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Help Sourcing Wheels and Matching with Louvers

I'm trying to plan out what I'm going to do to my whiteout FR-S to make it a little 'special' - I'm loving the speedhunters style - especially those custom wheels:

I also really like the look of the louvers that were on:

I'm thinking of going with a combination of the two - but I'm trying to find an affordable option ( less than $300 / wheel would be ideal) for that style of wheel. Can't come up with anything on tire-rack and I'm not sure what to even search for. Is there a particular term for those kind of wheels? Any help would be appreciated! Just point me in the right direction!

Also - any feedback on my idea with the wheels/louvers would be appreciated!

-Me
marchocais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,187 Times in 594 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
The body kit on the Speedhunters Scion Tuner Challenge is their own KM4SH kit sold through Speedhunters. Its fairly priced for a widebody kit.

The wheels they used are custom Rotiform wheels. Check them out here They are NOT CHEAP. I believe they start around $1000 PER WHEEL. That style of wheel is usually called meshies or a mesh style wheel.

I am sure there are other wheels that look similar (but are cheaper) and you can start by looking here .

The louvers you can buy here. Nigel JMD is a good brand to buy from but if the price scares you, check around. Few people have the louvers on their car but i am sure you can find them elsewhere.
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
louvers, wheels