follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #155
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I think it requires an inverter system though does it not?
The clutch bypass? or the push button/keyless system as a whole?

The bypass does not. Though I didn't have an alarm installed so I'm not sure if there is something more involved if that is the case. The system I have not done so I'm not sure on that; but I do know it is quite extensive from what I have researched so far.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #156
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
The clutch bypass? or the push button/keyless system as a whole?

The bypass does not. Though I didn't have an alarm installed so I'm not sure if there is something more involved if that is the case. The system I have not done so I'm not sure on that; but I do know it is quite extensive from what I have researched so far.
Yea I mean the entire system as a whole, is it able to run on DC? as well as some sort of clutch bypass, might be able to run on DC, further checking the Amazon page, people have been saying it needs one now that I have looked at it. Seems pretty daunting to me.

As for the clutch bypass as a whole I'm not sure how Toyota/Subaru would do it if they ever put one in there factory cars maybe a servo setup because they can or a simple program that detects that if the key fob isn't in the the car bypass clutch safety switch. I don't know seems pretty complicated, if I were to ever buy this I would cry then run over to somewhere to get it installed, your a braver man than I.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #157
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Yea I mean the entire system as a whole, is it able to run on DC? as well as some sort of clutch bypass, might be able to run on DC, further checking the Amazon page, people have been saying it needs one now that I have looked at it. Seems pretty daunting to me.

As for the clutch bypass as a whole I'm not sure how Toyota/Subaru would do it if they ever put one in there factory cars maybe a servo setup because they can or a simple program that detects that if the key fob isn't in the the car bypass clutch safety switch. I don't know seems pretty complicated, if I were to ever buy this I would cry then run over to somewhere to get it installed, your a braver man than I.

Oh I haven't gotten this kit yet as performance mods are a priority right now. But with something like this I would rather do it myself than not know what someone else did because it is so intrusive into the system. But I do have some friends that know electrical and wiring that I can call when something goes wrong, so that helps too. Lol

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote