follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #2717
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
you can get JDM tips
i think im gettin milltek resonated, gonna wait a few weeks before i order... dont wanna rush things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Shhhhh....Attachment 45262
that steering wheel is sick! u have a link to it?
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mush For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (07-23-2013), supra2nv (07-22-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #2718
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
i think im gettin milltek resonated, gonna wait a few weeks before i order... dont wanna rush things

that steering wheel is sick! u have a link to it?
Im going to writing q thread soon about it! Lots of pics
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #2719
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I don't know about the rest of you guys/gals still waiting but depression has reached a new level for me. It has been almost 13 weeks since I ordered with no official date in sight. It would seem my Canadian FRS has gone into a state of limbo (built in May). Whether or not it is because it has been sitting at port awaiting a Pioneer stereo upgrade for three weeks like other Canadians have said my dealer does not know. My current vehicle should have been sold for at least a month, and it is almost reaching time for repairs just to make it road safe. I honestly hope I get good news soon or I might shop and elsewhere, a standard FRS doesn't thrill me and neither does the BRZ front end. Here's to hoping for some decent customer service from Scion Canada, and would hate to leave this great community for something else.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-23-2013), supra2nv (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #2720
Obsidiank
10 Series Fanatic

Drives: Scion FR-S 10
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys/gals still waiting but depression has reached a new level for me. It has been almost 13 weeks since I ordered with no official date in sight. It would seem my Canadian FRS has gone into a state of limbo (built in May). Whether or not it is because it has been sitting at port awaiting a Pioneer stereo upgrade for three weeks like other Canadians have said my dealer does not know. My current vehicle should have been sold for at least a month, and it is almost reaching time for repairs just to make it road safe. I honestly hope I get good news soon or I might shop and elsewhere, a standard FRS doesn't thrill me and neither does the BRZ front end. Here's to hoping for some decent customer service from Scion Canada, and would hate to leave this great community for something else.
that really sucks my friend. Is this the case for all dealerships in the great white north? Do any dealerships have 10series that you can just buy?
Obsidiank is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Obsidiank For This Useful Post:
FiRStsc10n (07-22-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #2721
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Quote:
brz with frs front end!
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mush For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #2722
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank View Post
that really sucks my friend. Is this the case for all dealerships in the great white north? Do any dealerships have 10series that you can just buy?
Looking around. With only 125 ATs. Many of the are spoken for. Or dealers don't know anything. I want AT because I have an 50 mile round trip to work, and I'd love the extra fuel mileage.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #2723
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Looking around. With only 125 ATs. Many of the are spoken for. Or dealers don't know anything. I want AT because I have an 50 mile round trip to work, and I'd love the extra fuel mileage.
You can get 34 MPG out of a manual.. right now I'm at almost 25 MPG and that's shifting @ 4K RPM's and a few blasts all the way to a certain speed in 6th gear @ 4500 RPM...

I'm an inefficient driver...
Luis_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #2724
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
So distressing to hear, sorry for your experience. Hope you get it soon, we read here that A/T's outnumber M/T's 2:1 so please wait, it will be worth it.

@Luis_GT, it only gets better. Still maintaining <4Krpm I went from 20 mpg to 25.9 mpg during the first 500 miles on technical mountain roads constantly accel/shift/braking to a freeway run out to the East side of the Gorge @ 3.5K rpm+ in 6th and got 29.8 mpg.

Of course these will prolly be the best numbers I'll ever see. Once broken in it's eeeehaaa time. As good as she sounds now and as throttle response constantly improves, I'm really looking forward to the 1K mile break-in when I'll change out to Red Line 0W-20 and let 'er rip.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (07-22-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #2725
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
I'm only at 188 miles... this 1K break-in is torture... I want to hear this baby sing all the way to 7K
Luis_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #2726
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_GT View Post
I'm only at 188 miles... this 1K break-in is torture... I want to hear this baby sing all the way to 7K
So, do it. You won't kill your car. Break in is more or less pointless anymore. Numerous threads on this.
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #2727
jpky16

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Click Here for a thread with all the options available.

Obviously any of them besides Five Axis and OEM Scion spoilers have to be painted by a local shop (since these both can be ordered factory painted from dealer). There are some that require drilling and those that just stick with 3m.

I wanted a GT86/BRZ Limited in Silver Ignition but I have my doubts due to having to get it paint matched, and drilling into my bumper. Five Axis seems like a good deal considering it can always be remove it in the future, and install seems fairly easy for DIY.

Noticed these weren't in that thread:
GT86/BRZ Limited

OEM Scion Spoiler

Comparison
I personally think that the rear end of this car needs a spoiler. It just looks kind of unfinished that way. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks like a Prius =P

My preference was for the GT86 spoiler, but since I was getting a small discount on the Scion OEM spoiler (15%), I essentially got the car with it. In my mind, it wasn't worth trying to order the GT86 spoiler, trying to paint match it (not sure that would be easy with our paint colour), and then having to install it. For $500, I got it installed.

In my mind the Scion OEM spoiler looks kind of like a cross between the GT86 spoiler (my preference) and the 5-Axis (which I had been considering before).
jpky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpky16 For This Useful Post:
losjackal (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #2728
jpky16

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
FiRStsc10n - hang in there buddy! The car will be worth the wait. Don't let the whole Scion Canada corporation ruin this car for you.

If the dealer doesn't know anything, can the head office tell you any further? Wondering if you can track it by VIN#?

I know of one in BC in AT that is at a dealership in Vancouver if you are willing to come out here
jpky16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #2729
Maximania

Drives: ~
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Im going to writing q thread soon about it! Lots of pics
holy crap man...that thing's a beaut!!! where will you the posting the thread? I want to subscribe immediately!
Maximania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #2730
FRS-D

Drives: 10 Series FRS(0218)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
My car is ready today after a miss communication yesterday, I feel for all other people out there still waiting and hope you get your cars soon.
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

FRS-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86