follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
Noob4Life
86 Noob

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamajee View Post
Of course this setup would be for show just for the heck of it.

So wait, you're telling me the rear camber can be adjusted without bushings or LCAs/UCAs? because I heard that it's impossible to adjust camber on both the ends (front and rear) without bushings for a bit of adjustment or UCA/LCA for maxing out, etc.
No he's says that not only will you need lcas for rear camber adjustment but you'll need the toe arms to fix toe that falls outside the oem toe adjustment parameters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #16
Noob4Life
86 Noob

No he's says that not only will you need lcas for rear camber adjustment but you'll need the toe arms to fix toe that falls outside the oem toe adjustment parameters. It also sounds like his toe got worse when he tried to add in more camber, toe is what really eats up your tires quick so he left his camber until he got some toe arms to keep his toe at 0.

Edit wrong button double post fail

Old 11-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #17
Yamajee

Drives: Rocket Bunny'd GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob4Life View Post
No he's says that not only will you need lcas for rear camber adjustment but you'll need the toe arms to fix toe that falls outside the oem toe adjustment parameters. It also sounds like his toe got worse when he tried to add in more camber, toe is what really eats up your tires quick so he left his camber until he got some toe arms to keep his toe at 0.

Yeah I got that part but I kinda thought he meant that I am able to adjust my camber and toe to a certain degree on stock control arms and toe arms.

Well, think I'll go with a bit smaller sized spacer or just go for a full coilover + uca + lca + toe arms setup even though I'm sure I won't need anything else than a bit of camber, toe correction and height adjustment from the coilovers.
Yamajee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
Hmongfrs

Drives: Red
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:

ahahaha thanks!!
Hmongfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
Hmongfrs

Drives: Red
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
will you dont really have to get uca unless you are running crazy camber...i have cusco lca and gtspec toe only no need uca, also the only one i know that make uca is racerx which is expensive but ey gotta pay to play...lol..
Hmongfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
Yamajee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmongfrs View Post
will you dont really have to get uca unless you are running crazy camber...i have cusco lca and gtspec toe only no need uca, also the only one i know that make uca is racerx which is expensive but ey gotta pay to play...lol..
Well, might just go for LCAs and toe arms or just do the whole damn thing so I wouldn't have to go back and buy something .

Yes I saw them and they cost around $750.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
Jhon19lopez
Banned

Drives: 2013 scion fr-s
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, might just go for LCAs and toe arms or just do the whole damn thing so I wouldn't have to go back and buy something .

Yes I saw them and they cost around $750.
Try to buy some racer x uca I'm running 18x10 +7 in the rear and I can tuck 18x11 if I wanted
Jhon19lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #22
SLICVIC

Drives: 2006 STi
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
alot of correct and false information in here, 25mm's are not that dangerous, 20-25mm seem to be the norm, ive ran up to 50mm up front on my BRZ drove from NYC to Philly and back just fine.

To clear up the above, ill share some of my experiences with control arms hopefully i can help you .

LCA as stated above kicks out the bottom of the tire alot, and to eliminate a decent amount of poke you will need about -8 or -9 degrees.

UCA will push in the top of the wheel and give alot of clearance and eliminate poke for tucking with only around -4 degrees.

The LCAs will definitely need a toe arm, but i cant really say for sure if u need toe arms for UCA . (assuming you already know that the UCA/LCA adjusts camber but the toe arms will straighten out the wheels to avoid premature wear)

this is my car, rear wheel specs are 18x10.5J et+6 with 225/35 , with suspension travel the wheel tucks under the fender

to achieve this i have GT Spec LCA maxed out , Racer X UCA maxed and megan racing toe arms, all coming to -15 degrees of camber.

my advice would be to start with the UCA first and take it from there, Good luck man. Any questions shoot me a PM
Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 AM   #23
Yamajee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICVIC View Post
alot of correct and false information in here, 25mm's are not that dangerous, 20-25mm seem to be the norm, ive ran up to 50mm up front on my BRZ drove from NYC to Philly and back just fine.

To clear up the above, ill share some of my experiences with control arms hopefully i can help you .

LCA as stated above kicks out the bottom of the tire alot, and to eliminate a decent amount of poke you will need about -8 or -9 degrees.

UCA will push in the top of the wheel and give alot of clearance and eliminate poke for tucking with only around -4 degrees.

The LCAs will definitely need a toe arm, but i cant really say for sure if u need toe arms for UCA . (assuming you already know that the UCA/LCA adjusts camber but the toe arms will straighten out the wheels to avoid premature wear)

this is my car, rear wheel specs are 18x10.5J et+6 with 225/35 , with suspension travel the wheel tucks under the fender

to achieve this i have GT Spec LCA maxed out , Racer X UCA maxed and megan racing toe arms, all coming to -15 degrees of camber.

my advice would be to start with the UCA first and take it from there, Good luck man. Any questions shoot me a PM
And who wouldn't know you @SLICVIC the master of camber chimed in . First thank you for your response, really appreciate it and second, I'm not really looking for a lot of poke from the bottom, I'm just assuming that when I'm going to tuck in the top of the wheel the bottom will automatically poke out a bit more. My question is, am I able to drive with what you have seen from the pictures (the ones with the spacers installed) or do you recommend that I tuck in the top first and how am I able to do that? just UCA or is there any other trick, I've read somewhere that you throw in washers to get more camber out of stock arms or something. I'm not looking for a permanent solution, this would just be for the hell of it and for shows.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #24
nonicname returns

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
nonicname returns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonicname returns For This Useful Post:
diss7 (11-12-2013), slicktop (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #25
Noob4Life
86 Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICVIC View Post

Do you daily this car?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
Yamajee

Quote:
Do you daily this car?

Quite sure he'll be changing tires everyday if that is his DD.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamajee For This Useful Post:
SLICVIC (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
Noob4Life
86 Noob

Quote:
Quite sure he'll be changing tires everyday if that is his DD.
Came from the VW world, ive seen similar stances dailyed lol

Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
Yamajee

Quote:
Came from the VW world, ive seen similar stances dailyed lol

if I go on a daily commute (80 miles?) with this setup, how long will the tires last?