follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #29
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Drives: 2012 Mt. Fuji Red Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Some videos of the GT86 in the game.

You can open the door and sit in it. RHD model also

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psp4nZR7bkA"]Forza 5 Xbox One Gameplay - Upgrades and Car Customization - YouTube[/ame] All upgrades

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3A3NEAOeg"]Forza 5 Xbox One Gameplay - Paint Shop and Vinyls - YouTube[/ame] Paint and Decals
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #30
Bigmaxy

Drives: Pegasus GTS86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What is with that tow hook location? sheesh :-)
Bigmaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #31
MtnDrvr86

Drives: 2002 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
You won't have to worry about that anymore. The Ring isn't in Forza 5
Not entirely true. It wont be in at launch. I will be out in January sometime, and from what I remember, free.
MtnDrvr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #32
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Been driving the FT86 exclusively in Forza 5 so far. The driving feel and characteristics are surprisingly accurate. Its fun the push the car around the track and let her slide around. Her ass slides just as easily in Forza 5 as in real life.

Only sad part is I suck at Forza 5 and every race I beat the car to shit.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
swift996

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Do they offer a supercharger upgrade for the BRZ/FRS/86? Twin screw?

swift996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #34
tennisfreak

Garage
Supercharger, turbocharger you can do just about anything to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
swift996 (11-24-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
PMPB

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Been driving the FT86 exclusively in Forza 5 so far. The driving feel and characteristics are surprisingly accurate. Its fun the push the car around the track and let her slide around. Her ass slides just as easily in Forza 5 as in real life.

Only sad part is I suck at Forza 5 and every race I beat the car to shit.
The problem is that her butt slides around in Forza 5 just as easily in game as IRL, even though I have added downforce, track tires, upgraded tire width (Staggered setup), tons of weight taken out, etc. I didn't bother upgrading the suspension because I would have been pushed above the category I was attempting to compete in (B series). I just touch the gas coming out of the corner and she either spins or starts wildly fish tailing. Not very good IMO, as a race car. I did adjust the final drive ratio. Originally top speed was something like 160mph, which is definitely not achievable, even with the the ~230hp in game. I knocked that down to around 140mph, and I'm just about hitting fuel cut-off at the end of the straight at Yas.

I bought the Honda S2000 CR, now that car is meant for racing. SOOOOO much more traction, and oomph.
PMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
ubersoph

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPB View Post
The problem is that her butt slides around in Forza 5 just as easily in game as IRL, even though I have added downforce, track tires, upgraded tire width (Staggered setup), tons of weight taken out, etc. I didn't bother upgrading the suspension because I would have been pushed above the category I was attempting to compete in (B series). I just touch the gas coming out of the corner and she either spins or starts wildly fish tailing. Not very good IMO, as a race car. I did adjust the final drive ratio. Originally top speed was something like 160mph, which is definitely not achievable, even with the the ~230hp in game. I knocked that down to around 140mph, and I'm just about hitting fuel cut-off at the end of the straight at Yas.

I bought the Honda S2000 CR, now that car is meant for racing. SOOOOO much more traction, and oomph.
If you didn't upgrade your suspension that would do it.... You might want to do that and an alignment with some rear toe in...
ubersoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #37
MightyMeeple
Slower than Fast

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
What no VIR included in the game?!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #38
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
Supercharger, turbocharger you can do just about anything to it.
LS1 swap yo
Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
Wise
Circle Work Clerk

Garage
Quote:

My setup for the GT86 works okay.

C Spec 500 maxed out.

Enkei RPF1 with upgraded street tyres, 235 square setup, sport coilovers, sport intake, sport exhaust, street clutch, sport sway bars, front strut brace and sport brakes.

I race with most of the assists turned off. I do however leave stability control on when racing RWD.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #40
tennisfreak

Garage
Quote:

I drive mine like a madman around the track. She slid around a lot until a buddy of mine who takes Forza way too seriously gave me access to his special spreadsheet that calculates all tune values needed for a vehicle. Now she's stable an lethal. Even will abs off, manual shifting, no brake lines, and damage on I can still tear up a track.

Key is to upgrade suspension, tires, wheels, and get some more power for acceleration. After the upgrades you need to tune the car because she will drive like shit.

Maybe I'll post up my numbers later but I don't have access to them now. I can start you off by saying lower the tire pressure, adjust the camber, soften the springs, adjust the spring rebound rate. Pretty much everything is set way too high by default. Lower the settings will get you started.

Later on when I get access at home I will post up my upgrades and tune values.

Tuning is the key in Forza.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #41
PMPB

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
My setup for the GT86 works okay.

C Spec 500 maxed out.

Enkei RPF1 with upgraded street tyres, 235 square setup, sport coilovers, sport intake, sport exhaust, street clutch, sport sway bars, front strut brace and sport brakes.

I race with most of the assists turned off. I do however leave stability control on when racing RWD.
Actually, I took it back down to D spec. Kept the down force, and played with the settings A LOT. So I have the full race tranny, RPF1 with stock rubber. Front lip and rear wing. Chassis brace, race brake kit, and I think thats it.

Maxed out down force, and found out that 0-60, 0-100 and top speed were barely affected. Then I changed the final drive ratio, I played around with it. I found that there is a sweet spot, too short or too tall and you'll see acceleration is compromised! I think my 0-100 with this setup was about 17.2sec and top speed around 140mph.

Being a little more ginger with the throttle, and I'm performing really well in D class. I have the assist set so that I'm receiving about 50% bonus, I wind up using about 2-6% rewinding because the AI either put me off the track, brake check, or rammed me so hard that it caused damage that it would impact driveability. (I admit sometimes I have to rewind because I miss a turn from braking too late )
PMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #42
GTHachiRoku
Big in Japan

Drives: turBRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I have gone through C, B, and A in the GT86. It's been really fun driving it stock (in C) and slowly upgrading it to what I wish my real life car was

I finally gave in a got a 2nd car to go through D... a Miata. It's amazingly fun and makes me want to find an old beater Miata to tinker with.
GTHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote