follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #2689
ZX88

Drives: 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the cheap paint on the front bumper.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #2690
loading_please_wait

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
- The torque dip is really annoying. The low torque numbers annoy me as well.
- Center console ergonomics, e.g cup holder, storage. Expensive add-on arm rest.
- The stock tires are awful
- Getting in to the car is fine, getting out is a hassle. This is especially true in tight parking spaces. I try to park as far away from other cars as possible.
- Cabin is a little small, but not a major complaint. When it does bug me, I wish I got a truck instead.
- Sitting low compared to other cars, the overall visibility suffers.
- Sometimes I just feel like putting around in my family's second vehicle, the Prius. It's more comfortable.
- I wish autocross events didn't last all day. Not a major complaint, but autocross was one reason I got the car. I'm so busy and dedicating a chunk of my weekend to an autocross event cuts into other responsibilities. I wish I could pay a premium to just do my runs, talk to a few people/coaches, and get out asap, like within an hour or so. Like one of those theme park fast passes.
- Driving a new car I'm always worrying about the paint and dings. I rush to wash the car as soon as a bird poops on it.
- Not my car's fault, but I wish there were more twisties in my area. Nothing but straight roads for much of this state. I have found a few little stretches of road with bends though.
- Many of the FR-S drivers in my community are immature jackasses on the road. I'm also starting to see disgusting rice'd out modifications on some of the FR-S' here. The BRZ drivers are a bit more responsible on the road. The drivers also appear to be a bit more mature in their mods, appearances, and road demeanor.

With all that said, I love my car!

Last edited by loading_please_wait; 02-21-2015 at 11:41 AM.
loading_please_wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #2691
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loading_please_wait View Post
- Center console ergonomics, e.g cup holder, storage.
- Getting in to the car is fine, getting out is a hassle. This is especially true in tight parking spaces. I try to park as far away from other cars as possible.
- Cabin is a little small, but not a major complaint. When it does bug me, I wish I got a truck instead.
- Sometimes I just feel like putting around in my family's second vehicle, the Prius. It's more comfortable.
- I wish autocross events didn't last all day. Not a major complaint, but autocross was one reason I got the car. I'm so busy and dedicating a chunk of my weekend to an autocross event cuts into other responsibilities. I wish I could pay a premium to just do my runs, talk to a few people/coaches, and get out asap, like within an hour or so.
- Driving a new car I'm always worrying about the paint and dings. I rush to wash the car as soon as a bird poops on it.
- Not my car's fault, but I wish there were more twisties in my area. Nothing but straight roads for much of this state. I have found a few little stretches of road with bends though.
- Many of the FR-S drivers in my community are immature jackasses on the road. I'm also starting to see disgusting rice'd out modifications on some of the FR-S' here. The BRZ drivers are a bit more responsible on the road. The drivers also appear to be a bit more mature in their mods, appearances, and road demeanor.

That's A LOT of dislikes!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #2692
loading_please_wait

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
That's A LOT of dislikes!
Lol, I know. I still really enjoy the car. The handling and the enjoyment I get from driving are all really great. For daily driving the acceleration is fine. The tires can be upgraded. There are some minor things I have to deal with, but many cars have minor things owner's deal with.

If I get another rice'd out beater to rev at me on my way home from work, I swear I'm going to.... Lol

I feel bad for the rice'd out FR-S' I'm starting to see in my region.

I'm also an avid outdoorsy person. We often take the Prius to the trails or woods. If we didn't have the Prius, I'd likely get something a bit more utilitarian like a truck or Subaru.
loading_please_wait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #2693
Porcupint

Drives: 13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
- Center console ergonomics, e.g cup holder, storage. Expensive add-on arm rest.
- I wish autocross events didn't last all day. Not a major complaint, but autocross was one reason I got the car. I'm so busy and dedicating a chunk of my weekend to an autocross event cuts into other responsibilities. I wish I could pay a premium to just do my runs, talk to a few people/coaches, and get out asap, like within an hour or so. Like one of those theme park fast passes.

You say you love your car but the list of things you have there says you want something else pretty badly. A lot of those should have been known or realized before you bought the car.
Porcupint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #2694
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Well after owning the car for a reasonable amount of time there is one item I'd like to outright replace...the horn. Functionally its fine. Unfortunately when used...it appears nobody bothers or cares to notice it...which sort of defeats the purpose. Its definitely too weak sounding for Toronto driving, so I'll see if I can replace it with something much more commanding that isn't out of character.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #2695
notout86

Drives: GTS 86 auto
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Chuck the cup holders for more storage -- no-one should have drinks in cars anyway. Line the cavity with non-slip rubbery stuff to stop rattles. I have partitioned the cavity with black carpet.
Consider making a DOOR armrest addition for your elbow...make it high enough that your hand falls on the wheel at the thumb rest level (a centre armrest clutters too much & messes up console storage)
Using the rubbery bit on the door sill to lift yourself out helps (but only a little) Try to convince yourself that the exercise is good for you. Learn to fall out gracefully.
Mim (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #2696
RojerLockless

Drives: Raven Fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
How tiny it is.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #2697
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
How tiny it is.
Porcupint (02-21-2015), Sarlacc (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #2698
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,596 Times in 18,970 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I found the stock clutch inexcusably vague. This had nothing to do with the factory-adjusted pedal height. Here's how I fixed it.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #2699
Caspeed

Drives: FRS-RS1, Triumph Speed Triple, Lola
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

How dare they make you wait to drive your car...the other 50 or so people there should step aside and wait for you while you play with your car....really????

Go buy a diesel dually and then you can look over the traffic. Otherwise get over it!!!
Caspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caspeed For This Useful Post:
Porcupint (02-21-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #2700
JB86'd

Drives: JAWS
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
RATTLES. I don't give a shit about a noisey cricket fuel pump. Interior rattles deteriorate my sanity.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #2701
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,596 Times in 18,970 Posts
Mentioned: 1108 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB86'd View Post
RATTLES. I don't give a shit about a noisey cricket fuel pump. Interior rattles deteriorate my sanity.
The only thing I have is the rear deck pop ...ok, that and the gearshift a little when I'm on a wankfest.

What else rattles on yours?
Old 02-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #2702
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB86'd View Post
I get all sorts of rattles and buzzes when it is -20 out but they all go away when it warms up! Maybe you have the reverse problem when it is hotter and they would go away in the midrange as well?

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants