follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Site Announcements / Questions / Issues

View Poll Results: Should Politics and Religion be off limits for the forum?
Yes 5 50.00%
No 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #29
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
Being offended and topics that have always been a problem in the real world are two different things. I've had my share of disputes with certain members that eventually became flame wars but that was my idiotic choice to take it there. I've never seen a unanimous agreement on something political or religious outside of places tailored towards a specific view, however I've ALWAYS seen topics inevitably turn into a trade of attacks ad hominem in places where views might be conflicting.

If I were a mod I'd want to avoid something like that, especially when automotive communities tend to have real life meets. Last thing you want is for someone to roll up rage level five million and falcon punch some other dude in the face for something he said about his religion a year and a half ago. It happens.

Mods at least move this to the right section.

and yeah I've actually witness that happen before, where people are on a car forum and they got into an argument over things like this, next meet they were treated differently. Like seriously we didn't have any of this for such a long time don't need it now. They are places for that.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Mods at least move this to the right section.
Oh yeah! Roger that!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Well politics & religion is one of the top reasons for a war/battle... and we can see that from history.

Just something about politics & religions get ppl to heat up more than other topics.
This is so spot on. I learned the hard way after participating in both these types of threads on this forum. If you want to discuss these topics, plenty of places on the web to do that. Let's enjoy this forum for what it represents.

BRZGrincherhood
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
I'm going to point out one more thing

The "Question" Section is the one below this forum,Do you want to get their attention "properly" and do this right? or are you just trying to cause a rukus? because if I was in your shoes and I wanted to cause a scene I would post it off topic. When I know the proper thing to do is post in the Question Section, which is there for reasons like this one, I'm sorry to sound so harsh but this is just trouble and almost nothing more than an attention grabbing publicity stunt. You are successful, you got people in here talking an somewhat arguing.

But it's missing the point the answer to the question itself. First put it in the right place, second regardless of what "you think" the proper procedure is to message a staff. Because right now as I see it, it's the off topic section. The staffs don't owe an answer in that section and obviously two staff with no knowledge has answered.

and if record shows, the admin has answered questions on the section below before when asked properly.

It's not that I have any problems with you, your a good acquaintance and I respect you. But I really hate it when big issues like this aren't dealt with in a proper procedure.
My bad! I assumed the "questions" section was for technical site related issues. Like I said no "rukus", just looking for opinions.

I think the staff can answers questions regardless if it's in a designated "question" section, but like I said my bad, this section is more appropriate.

As far as I know there isn't any proper procedure laid out or even a TOU for the forum yet so I just threw it up in the section I thought was the most pertinent. I know this stuff can get out of hand so I tried to raise the issue in what I thought would be the most productive way. The site is still a baby, it's just some growing pains.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
This is so spot on. I learned the hard way after participating in both these types of threads on this forum. If you want to discuss these topics, plenty of places on the web to do that. Let's enjoy this forum for what it represents.
I'm totally cool with this, just looking for the ground rules :happy0180:
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #34
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I feel it should be a designated spot where we can debate/argue etc without spilling over into on-topic threads or forums.

If someone can't tolerate another's views they don't belong on the internet.

And please make it a designated area for NSFW and non-automotive news too since we don't need multiple empty subforums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #35
IntenseDVDA

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think the moral of the story is that even though we all have different religious or political views, we can all coalesce around the fact that we all love cars. There's no need to write anyone off over a simple disagreement (outside of some racist/sexist stuff or whatever). The universe is a pretty big place. In a few decades we'll all just be memories. Until then, why not try to understand each other?

And no, I'm not high :-)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Please no politics or religions discussions.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6405

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hachiroku For This Useful Post:
Longhorn248 (05-16-2012), SVTSHC (05-17-2012)

Closed Thread