follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
kounkun

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Kounkun's 2015 CWP BRZ Limited - ミュウと呼ばれて

Quote:
It's been about 2 months since I first bought the car and after lurking the forum for a while I figured it was time to make one of these.

First a little about me. I was first introduced to the tuner car scene with the release of the first Fast and the Furious movie (go figure). Interestingly, I was never too fond of the Honda scene most likely because of where I grew up (209). I remember always wanting a Supra one day but I think those days are long gone.

After having been exposed to Initial D, the first car I ended up buying was a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS. This was during my second year in college and acted as my learning phase. I improved my shifting abilities, began to understand the capabilities of my car, and learned the limits of the car as well as my abilities.

A year later I purchased a 2003 CBR 600RR for commuting to school and after a year, a trip to Japan, and a summer in Northern California/Central Valley, I sold the bike and went back to daily driving the Impreza.

Fast forward 5 years, a blown head gasket, and a 62 mile daily commute, I find myself in my new 2015 CWP BRZ Limited.
02/14/2015 - Purchased Car, Installed Mew Plushy

03/12/2015 - Xpel Ultimate PPF, Suntek Carbon Tint

04/09/2015 - LED Bulb Install

04/29/2015 - Rear Camera Install

Seeing as my car is mainly for DD, most of my modifications will be cosmetic, but I'd like to improve performance to keep the car interesting when I feel like opening it up on the highway or taking fast corners.

Future Mods
-STi front lip and side skirts
-OEM rear diffuser
-Back up camera
-Red tint tail lights or TOM'S
-Rear fog light with F1 brake light
-LED bulbs
-Duck tale spoiler
-TE37SL or Rota Grids
-Coilovers (KW V3, B14, BC, ST, ???)
-Exhaust upgrades (Tomei, Berk, Invidia, STi, ???)
-Drop-in filter

Far Future Mods
-Forced Induction
-Widebody

*Pictures to come soon*

Last edited by kounkun; 05-01-2015 at 10:29 PM.
kounkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
kounkun

Garage
Saved
kounkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:42 AM   #3
ThreeZzZ
Agent X

Drives: BRZ Sports Tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
You should add my name in your list... I'm going for Cosmetic aswell.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
kounkun

Garage
02/14/2015 - Purchased Car, Installed Mew Plushy

After talking to the online sales manager at a local dealership, I spent the Saturday test driving , signing papers, and increasing my debt. I was desperately in need of a car for work and being someone who can't settle for a used Civic, I went and bought the car I had been eyeing for 2 years and have no regrets. Drove the car home that night and made my first modification. A Mew plushy from the Yokohama Pokemon Center that I keep on my rear view mirror. I also decided to name the car Mew.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
kounkun

Garage
03/12/2015 - Xpel Ultimate PPF, Suntek Carbon Tint

Took the car to Imperial Works which is owned by a friend of a friend to get the clear bra and tint installed. Ended up getting the whole front end with full hood, side mirrors, and door cups protected. For the tint I went with 5% on the rear 3 and 35% on the front 2. The work came out great so I highly recommend these guys if you're in the area and market for PPF or tint.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
kounkun

Garage
04/09/2015 - LED Bulb Install

The LEDs that I ordered a while back finally arrived a couple days ago and today I had some free time to put them in. I used the site from this thread http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22423 and ended up getting the dome light, door lights, trunk light, license plate lights, and reverse lights. So far they look great in the light. Now I just have to wait for it to get dark outside. It's a much better look with the cool white as opposed to the incandescent glow of the OEM bulbs. I ended up having an extra pair since I ordered extra to qualify for the bulk shipping rate and I'll probably pop them into the side markers this weekend. Somewhere down the line I'll be going for LED turn signals and foglight. I'll be sure to update this page in the even any of the bulbs decide to fail. Not bad for $26 though.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #7
kounkun

Garage
04/29/2015 - Rear Camera Install

I finally got around to installing my rear camera. Thanks to @RickyBobby for selling me his SVXDC 16-pin harness. The camera I'm using was purchased on Amazon. It looks to be a Rydeen Duo clone. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/COOLINT-Housing-Parking-Multifunction-Switchers/dp/B00W35AZ7I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430532189&sr=8-3&keywords=coolint"]Here.[/ame] The build quality is fairly good. The housing itself is made of metal and the internal camera uses a CMOS sensor. I liked that there were different colors to choose from. Unfortunately I had to return the white camera and get a matte black one because the white was more Pure White than CWP and stuck out. Before starting I did a bit of research on how other members approached the mounting of the camera. I almost resorted to drilling into the rear cowl, but since I don't own a power drill, I ended up looking into different methods which is what I ultimately did. Once I make a DIY on my method, I'll link to it from here.

A few things I might go back and change:
-Adjusting the angle of the camera because all I see is my bumper and the ground and nothing behind me. The camera sees back at least a yard so it's useful for not backing up into parking cement blocks or sidewalks, but at the same time i get paranoid because I can't see if anything is coming up from behind me.
-Applying some glue with a glue gun to seal any possible locations for water to enter the camera.
-Using a longer screw eye so that I could punch it through the entire plastic bracket and have more leverage to hold the camera on.