follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

View Poll Results: Gonna wrap the car. Which color?
Matte Black 12 37.50%
Matte Orange 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #435
Top-Secret

Drives: FRS monogram
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
i second this, do you think it would be possible for someone with side lights still installed to do the same thing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
Very nice build.

Do you by any chance have any close up or more pictures of the secure points for the Quik-Latch Mini's??

Top-Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #436
Top-Secret

Drives: FRS monogram
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
also! awesome read, but sad to see that no updates have happened in a couple months
Top-Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #437
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Just wanted to subscribe...

subscribed...

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #438
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
@stevo_12v & @Top-Secret - Best I have of them are on this post

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=332

I know @glamcem put a single on each side on his BRZ after an off track excursion caused some fit up issues with his bumper. He might have got a better shot.

My advise is to just take off the bumper, remove the black clip that the bumper lip is supposed to slide and lock into and then replace the bumper. Drill through the bumper into the metal fender that was exposed after taking off the black plastic piece and take care to do everything at the angle you want the latch to sit on the bumper. Once the stud is installed you can do any fine tuning with simple bending of the sheet metal by grabbing the stud with some vise grips but by drilling through the bumper with a small pilot hole it should all be pretty damn close to start out with. I chose to do 2 latches on mine because it is really thin metal back there and I want to make sure it can stay put without any other clips on a track day so removal is super easy if I need to take it off.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digital_assassin For This Useful Post:
glamcem (08-06-2014), stevo_12v (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #439
digital_assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Secret View Post
also! awesome read, but sad to see that no updates have happened in a couple months
Yeah, this summer is turning out to be mostly a waste.

I missed the 1st track day at PIR this year due to a error made by JDL on my front pipe, they fixed it fast but it created a domino effect with getting to the line up shop since I sold the previous exhaust and had no way to get my car to them which in turn meant I couldn't get it up to Drift-Office before Bob went on a month long trip to Asia.

Then I had to skipped another one due to a business trip and on my way back home from the airport I was rear ended while riding my motorcycle so I missed the next track day due to injuries and may have to miss the track day this Friday. I'm not healed up yet but have yet to cancel. It's really been a bummer doing this much prep for track and not even getting to take it there yet.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #440
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
Yeah, this summer is turning out to be mostly a waste.

I missed the 1st track day at PIR this year due to a error made by JDL on my front pipe, they fixed it fast but it created a domino effect with getting to the line up shop since I sold the previous exhaust and had no way to get my car to them which in turn meant I couldn't get it up to Drift-Office before Bob went on a month long trip to Asia.

Then I had to skipped another one due to a business trip and on my way back home from the airport I was rear ended while riding my motorcycle so I missed the next track day due to injuries and may have to miss the track day this Friday. I'm not healed up yet but have yet to cancel. It's really been a bummer doing this much prep for track and not even getting to take it there yet.
Ouch man I hope you're OK.. Those bike accidents are no fun (remember that my story about totaling two brand new bikes within 10 months, ugh) ..I've sent you a text message a while ago so that was the time you had the accident.. Anyways, good to see you're back.. Get well soon
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #441
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
@stevo_12v & @Top-Secret - Best I have of them are on this post

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=332

I know @glamcem put a single on each side on his BRZ after an off track excursion caused some fit up issues with his bumper. He might have got a better shot.

My advise is to just take off the bumper, remove the black clip that the bumper lip is supposed to slide and lock into and then replace the bumper. Drill through the bumper into the metal fender that was exposed after taking off the black plastic piece and take care to do everything at the angle you want the latch to sit on the bumper. Once the stud is installed you can do any fine tuning with simple bending of the sheet metal by grabbing the stud with some vise grips but by drilling through the bumper with a small pilot hole it should all be pretty damn close to start out with. I chose to do 2 latches on mine because it is really thin metal back there and I want to make sure it can stay put without any other clips on a track day so removal is super easy if I need to take it off.
unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the latches installed on the bumper.. My friend who works in a body shop installed them for me I gave them 2 pairs of mini latches ( 2 on each side) but he said he wasn't able to install 2 on each side and the one should be enough .. I still have some gap so I think I will have to have him add couple more :/
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #442
digital_assassin

Since the last track day (October) I've had issues with my exhaust so finally getting around to re-ailigning everything under the car today. The OP unbolted itself from the header and I just bolted it back up quickly back then but didn't address the shift of the muffler causing it to touch the rear bumper. Between the rattle of the OP and the rattle of the muffler to the bumper I finally couldn't take it anymore. To cure the rattle of the OP I'm installing Perrin Motor Mounts.

I will also be installing new pulleys and a new higher quality ByPass Valve for the Super Charger. The original one was leaking boost. Hopefully today will be a day that results in taming down many unwanted noises from various aftermarket parts.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #443
digital_assassin

Installing the motor mounts was a pain in the ass. Lying on your back with no help meant many trips back out from under the car to get tools or jack the motor. But it was all worth it.

Sitting at a stop light there is a fair amount of vibration in the steering wheel but it feels so much better in every other aspect. It's a measurable improvement which is more than I can say for some of the other bushing/bracing mods. The car just feels smoother when accelerating now.

The Perrin mounts actually let the engine sit a tad lower which was kind of a disappointment in that it caused the OP to rest on the sway bars, zero clearance. I removed the OP and gave it a few blows with the mallet to create some clearance. It's a 3" OP so it's not like I need to worry about restricting any flow. I only dented it about 1/8" and that did the trick. With some clearance and stiff mounts I finally don't have to listen to the OP banging on other parts. My car is now back to the most prevalent rattle being the 3rd brake light.
The Following User Says Thank You to digital_assassin For This Useful Post:
GT86_PRAGUE (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 03:45 AM   #444
GT86_PRAGUE

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Since the last track day (October) I've had issues with my exhaust so finally getting around to re-ailigning everything under the car today. The OP unbolted itself from the header and I just bolted it back up quickly back then but didn't address the shift of the muffler causing it to touch the rear bumper. Between the rattle of the OP and the rattle of the muffler to the bumper I finally couldn't take it anymore. To cure the rattle of the OP I'm installing Perrin Motor Mounts.

I will also be installing new pulleys and a new higher quality ByPass Valve for the Super Charger. The original one was leaking boost. Hopefully today will be a day that results in taming down many unwanted noises from various aftermarket parts.
I wish you better season this year.
GT86_PRAGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GT86_PRAGUE For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (01-29-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 02:43 PM   #445
digital_assassin

I'm selling my Voodoo13 Rear LCA's if anyone is interested. I'm trying to raise the car up a bit but with the 1" drop built into the LCA's and the 1" drop built into the Ground Control top hats the shocks are stretched by 2". Asking $400.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #446
Anthony
Weight Nazi

Drives: 13 FRS -399lb, 11 335is, 05 Tiburon
Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,765 Posts
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
How am I just seeing this?

Quote:
Current Photo 1/15/14
Jeez, Louise that shit is clean.

Build Thread | The Venus Project | Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (04-07-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #447
digital_assassin

Thanks @Anthony!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:32 AM   #448
digital_assassin

Sold the APR front bumper today as well as the Voodoo13 lca's. I'm gonna miss that front bumper but a local guy has been asking me about buying it for months and changing the car up keeps me interested so, what's next....

Tags
advan, drift office, kraftwerks, plasti dip, tomei