follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
STZ

Drives: '15 WRB BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HyperBlue in Canada

So I found this today whilst doing my daily craigslist search for any good deals.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5392840090.html

Good news for the people up here in Canada land that wanted a HyperBlue if this is real. So far the subaru.ca site has no information though, but I doubt an official dealership would post this unless it's real.
STZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to STZ For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 01:06 AM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STZ View Post
So I found this today whilst doing my daily craigslist search for any good deals.

Good news for the people up here in Canada land that wanted a HyperBlue if this is real. So far the subaru.ca site has no information though, but I doubt an official dealership would post this unless it's real.
I doubt if there are going to be many available. We don't get a whole lot of regular versions much less special ones.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
LWAA

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Why not just get a similar blue colour change on your brz?

Sent from my iPhone
LWAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWAA View Post
Why not just get a similar blue colour change on your brz?

Sent from my iPhone
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luftwaffel For This Useful Post:
drew_kar (01-09-2016), funwheeldrive (01-10-2016), KR-S (01-24-2016), Pat.Thornton (01-10-2016), SleepingPanda (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #5
LWAA

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Haha. Assuming you don't like the idea? It's cheaper, as long as it's installed by a certified installer it looks as good, and you can remove it when you change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone
LWAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:07 AM   #6
STZ

Quote:
Haha. Assuming you don't like the idea? It's cheaper, as long as it's installed by a certified installer it looks as good, and you can remove it when you change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone
Because I doubt having a replica model of an existing real model is everyone's thing.

Because It costs more to replace the seats, the dashboard, the paint, the wheels, etc. than the premium you pay over the regular models.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #7
STZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I doubt if there are going to be many available. We don't get a whole lot of regular versions much less special ones.
I don't remember your opinion on the HB Tcoat. Do you like them?

Would you consider trading HOT LAVA in for one, or nah?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #8
Tcoat

Quote:
I don't remember your opinion on the HB Tcoat. Do you like them?

Would you consider trading HOT LAVA in for one, or nah?
LOL My opinion on them at this point is that I have reserved my opinion on them until I actually see one in person. I do like such things such as the extras (compared to a normal FRS) and the rims but it still has that BRZ bumper that just doesn't do it for me.
As far as the colour goes, that is why I reserve my opinion. I do not like it in most pictures but there are some that it looks great. I would have to see one in the real world to say if I actually like it or not. I loved the looks of the RS1 in pictures but was rather let down when I saw one in natural light since it was actually sort of meh (to me).
I doubt I would trade for one though since I am an attention whore and therefore am big fan of the flashy "HEY look at me" colours on cars.
Now, if my wife had a say I would be down at Subaru waiting for one this very minute.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL My opinion on them at this point is that I have reserved my opinion on them until I actually see one in person. I do like such things such as the extras (compared to a normal FRS) and the rims but it still has that BRZ bumper that just doesn't do it for me.
As far as the colour goes, that is why I reserve my opinion. I do not like it in most pictures but there are some that it looks great. I would have to see one in the real world to say if I actually like it or not. I loved the looks of the RS1 in pictures but was rather let down when I saw one in natural light since it was actually sort of meh (to me).
I doubt I would trade for one though since I am an attention whore and therefore am big fan of the flashy "HEY look at me" colours on cars.
Now, if my wife had a say I would be down at Subaru waiting for one this very minute.
I'll be one of the first to say that Hyperblue does not photograph well unless you're a ninja with your camera settings and the light is coming in at good angles. And at night, it actually has a hint of blurple in it.

All that being said, random people won't shut up about how much they like the color, so I guess it's a hit.
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #10
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
I'll be one of the first to say that Hyperblue does not photograph well unless you're a ninja with your camera settings and the light is coming in at good angles. And at night, it actually has a hint of blurple in it.

All that being said, random people won't shut up about how much they like the color, so I guess it's a hit.
My wife's Mitsu is a similar colour and random people will yell out "love the colour" all the time.
The Lava can suffer the same photographic issues with lighting. There are pics with it ranging from a gold all the way to a brown depending on the light level at the time.

Old 01-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

It is real, it is the Hikari edition

http://www.pr.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx...ArticleID=9401

100 Units for BRZ across Canada.
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone
I don't believe painting the car HyperBlue let alone putting every HyperBlue/Hikari exclusive part is cheaper as you said.

I'm gonna assume you meant vinyl wrap, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #13
misterfly

Drives: Toyota 86 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hello everyone , anyone have got one in canada? im curious about the Flexible Strut Tower Bar

" The 2016 BRZ 光 Hikari Edition is an enhancement from the Sport-Tech 6MT model, adding a performance Flexible Strut Tower Bar to improve handling dynamics and steering feel as well as blue footwell illumination, frameless auto-dimming interior mirror and unique black exterior side fin blades. "
misterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfly View Post
Hello everyone , anyone have got one in canada? im curious about the Flexible Strut Tower Bar

" The 2016 BRZ 光 Hikari Edition is an enhancement from the Sport-Tech 6MT model, adding a performance Flexible Strut Tower Bar to improve handling dynamics and steering feel as well as blue footwell illumination, frameless auto-dimming interior mirror and unique black exterior side fin blades. "
I'm actually quite surprised that a north American model actually got an sti performance accessory finally installed. I guess this is finally the beginning of the increased presence of sti here as previewed by the sti performance concept.

The flexible strut tower bar (pictured at center; ignore the v-bars) is installed in quite a few of the builds on here. Works as advertised, increasing lateral stiffness but allowing vertical flexibility via a ball joint at the center of the bar. Allows the car to still ride bumps smoothly while still giving the benefit of a strut tower.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote