follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 11-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
wahsaihin

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FS: 2013 Subaru BRZ KW Supercharged

Hello ft86club,

I'm located in Calgary, AB and asking price is in $CAD.

Up for sale is my 2013 Subaru BRZ. It was purchased halfway through 2013, was my daily driver for the first year and was unmodified during that time except for winter wheels/tires (sold) and X-PEL paint protection on hood, fenders, and mirrors (still on car). This is the Sport-tech trim, the highest of the two trim options.

In summer 2014 I decided to take this on as a project car. My philosophy was to improve all areas of the car, with an emphasis on maintaining the excellent balance characteristics and reliability of the stock car. Once you read the rest of this post, I think you will agree that this philosophy was achieved. Only high quality, functionally proven parts were chosen for this build. I sort of see this as the STi version +; you know…the STi version Subaru teases us with but will likely never produce or bring to market.

I chose to supercharge the vehicle - as opposed to turbocharge – to keep the throttle response and power curve NA-like, but improved. KWv3 suspension compliments the mild but effective power increase with some aero for more serious track-day occasions (car has never been tracked).

With the aforementioned, consumables such as tires, brake pads, rotors and brake fluid lines were all upgraded. Mechanically speaking, the clutch was upgraded to more than adequately handle the increased power. The interior is completely stock, save for a custom shift knob and mounting brackets for a nexus tablet to allow for monitoring via TorqueApp (tablet and OBD2 reader not included).

ECU tuning software is via EcuTek and I received a custom tune from Sunny @ Airboy Tuning after running on the default tune provided by Kraftwerks for a few months. The car runs at about 95whp over stock with a very nice linear curve and has been optimized for Husky 94 or Shell 91. Each tune can easily be accessed using the signal stalk and can be changed on the fly.

The car has been very reliable, has not encountered any catastrophic issues or required much of anything above routine maintenance. The supercharger requires very little maintenance (replace fluid every 50,000 km, replace belt when worn) and does not create a lot of heat. The current belt is probably on its last part of its life; however, another great feature of this supercharger system is belts are cheap ($100ish), easy to install (30 mins labour), and the car can still be driven in the event that the belt snaps during operation. This would be the first time the belt needs to be replaced.

Reason for selling is that I don’t feel like I will get around to driving the car on the track as I have another car that suits this purpose more effectively for me. I rarely drive this car, and it was driven just a few hundred kilometers this year. I’m personally a huge proponent of “cars are meant to be driven”, so having it sit around doesn’t feel right to me. My goals have just changed, and I also feel that I’m past the whole “import tuner” phase of heavily modifying sport compacts, so the car doesn’t appeal to me like it first did. I know I’m losing a lot of money and not getting to use it for what I originally had in mind, but hey, it’s time to move on and hopefully someone out there can benefit.

It is my hope that it goes to an owner who will give it a renewed appreciation – it is already an incredible weekend warrior car in its own right and is a perfect template to take to the next level for the more serious track junkie. Weight reduction, racing seat and a roll cage, and you've got a serious race car.

No accidents. ~34,800 km on the odometer, with ~10,000 km of that with the supercharger kit on.

Mod list:

Engine/Mechanical:
Kraftwerks C-30 Supercharger system with licensed EcuTek tuning software, and rotrex fluid.
Skunk2 Oil Cooler
Custom Tune by Sunny @ Airboy Tuning (dynosheet below)
Tomei Header, Tomei Mid-Pipe, Tomei 80R Single Outlet Exhaust
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Flywheel
Stoptech Brake Pads, Rotors, SS Lines

Aero/Suspension/Wheels:
KW variant 3 coilover suspension
BBS CH-R 18x8
245/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport (square setup)
Voltex Type 1S GT CF Wing. This has been vinyl-wrapped to match body color. Vinyl can be removed if you want the CF-look or make it more attractive to sell, if you choose.
Cleib FRP Rear Diffuser. This has been modified to fit with the Tomei exhaust.
FT86speedfactory Front Splitter w/ Race Add-On

Interior:
WC Lathewerks Aluminum Piston shift knob
Mounts for Nexus Tablet

Stock Parts included:
Suspension
Headers
Catalytic Converter
Shift Knob
Various engine bay pieces removed to allow for supercharger install

Other:
Vinyl overlays installed on fog lights and tail lights
CF exhaust outlet cover (passenger side, installed)

Asking: $26,500. NO PART OUTS. Don't bother lowballing, please.

Car is currently in storage in my garage and will not be available for test drives. I can start it up if required, but it is not safe for winter conditions and is currently not insured for driving. Many people on my local car forum - www.beyond.ca - can vouch for the vehicle being as described.

Contact Information
E-Mail : wah_sai_hin at hotmail dot com
Phone : e-mail is best way to contact me. PM works too but I may respond slower.

Pictures :

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by wahsaihin; 11-17-2016 at 01:40 PM.
wahsaihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
wahsaihin

Commentary on pricing:
Currently in Alberta, stock 2013 Subaru BRZ Sport-techs on kijiji are asking no less than $20,000-$22,000 with similar or higher mileage.

To provide some perspective, MSRP for the Kraftwerks kit with EcuTek is $5,034.75 USD + shipping. Then there is the labour for install and cost of a proper, quality tune such as Airboy's. The Voltex wing MSRP is about $1,800 USD + shipping. This is significant, considering $1 USD = $1.34 CAD.

Taking into account of course that these are used, plus all the other quality parts on the car, I believe my pricing is good if this is the type of car you are looking for. I'm in no rush to sell and am willing to wait for the appropriate buyer.

I am more than open to listening to offers that are reasonably somewhere between the asking price of stock 2013 Subaru BRZs on the market and my asking price of $26,500. I will consider any offer lower than that to be a lowball so please bear that in mind before contacting me. No recession deals, thanks for your understanding

Last edited by wahsaihin; 11-16-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,096 Times in 8,333 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Please follow the Member Classified Rules (#2) or I'll delete the thread.

Quote:
2. You must post AT LEAST ONE picture of the item(s) for sale with a sign included in the photo. On the sign, should be your username, date and the words FT86Club.com on it. It can be handwritten or printed on a piece of paper. No photoshopped signs will be accepted.
Thanks,

ichi
Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
wahsaihin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Please follow the Member Classified Rules (#2) or I'll delete the thread.

Thanks,

ichi
I've added a picture to satisfy the rule in the first post. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to wahsaihin For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (11-17-2016)