follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 11:44 PM   #29
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,954 Times in 16,478 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryinBerries View Post
Nearly 6 years of accident free driving, one Fuck up and I'm an irresponsible driver? Yeah I made A bad decision. There's no denying that. But I didn't come here to get driving advice. I was simply asking for ways to comfort my worried parents. Either way I'm going to be in a vehicle so I'd rather it be something I enjoy and I'm looking to make this transition easier.
Don't let some of these ol forum fuddy duddys get you down.

We have all made bad moves while driving cars ..... some just have been lucky not to have had an accident.

As a parent, I can understand your parents concern. However, IMHO it's time for them to let go of the bicycle seat and let you ride on your own.

When my oldest boy turned 16, I bought him an old mustang. He wrecked it within 3 months. He mashed up the front end real good ..... I ask him how it happened ..... he said he thought he could beat an oncoming car when he was crossing an intersection (think on that a spell). He spent a lot of time in junk yards ...... after he earned the money ...... getting parts.

My second boy, I bought a Toyota something or other. He said the brakes were shot, so I sent him down to get some new brake pads/shoes ...... he said they were out of stock but bought a racing steering wheel ...... I sent him back to "trade in" his steering wheel and go to another auto supply store.

When my daughter started I gave her my "going to the airport car" .... a 1979 4-door Chevrolet Caprice Classic (a real tank). Yep, within a month, she slammed into the back of a parked car in our subdivision ....... while changing radio stations. She also, spent time in junk yards AND learned how to put the "new" parts on ...... and use a rattle can to repaint the front.

Just be careful driving your next car ......

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #30
whitehammer86

Drives: A beast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
It's a cross road at a 2 lane, 50 mph highway with a cut through in the median to make left turns off of the highway. I was heading south the other car was heading east. I am perfectly capable of operating the vehicle, it could have easily ended up with me getting t boned but I avoided that and the other drivers fender scraped along the passenger side. I just made a stupid decision to ignore the signs because I wasn't afraid of a ticket and from what I could see it was clear to cross.... it was not. I've obviously learned my lesson.

The specifics of the accident aren't even important. As someone else mentioned, I can't see who since I'm On my phone, they're afraid of it being a death trap.

PS. I thought the same way you did for a long time. Keep thinking nothing will happen and you're in for a rude awakening.

"I just made a stupid decision to ignore the signs because I wasn't afraid of a ticket and from what I could see it was clear to cross.... it was not. I've obviously learned my lesson" So why dethrone my input? You admit you're at fault and realize your fault. My knowledge is beyond yours clearly because I agree with you in the fact you made the right decision but the following actions resulted a outcome not in your favor. So assuming you have a superior driving prediction of other driving behaviorally reactions to the typical society, you still made the wrong decision. Basically, you're saying you're so smart that you saw this coming yet couldn't avoid it, so this forum should provide sympathy for you to buy the same car you couldn't possibly prevent this accident from happening. Right? Challenge my driving or vocabulary experience again.
The Following User Says Thank You to whitehammer86 For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #31
BaatLuk

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No wonder insurance is so expensive for this cheap little car. Do us a favor, buy a Mustang or something like that and stop f**king up the insurance rates for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BaatLuk For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #32
whitehammer86

You basically said you couldn't avoid this collision but the car had nothing to do with your admitted wrong decisions. You're parents are right here. Challenge my driving experience. I'll entertain that with pleasure lol
The Following User Says Thank You to whitehammer86 For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #33
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I would suggest to take first some safety driving lessons. Are there any in your area? They are focusing not how to drive a car, but how to drive it safely! People don't realize the difficulty of driving in public roads and they don't know the dangers. Just to give an example, Valentino Rossi doesn't drive a motorcycle in public roads and he is a world championship. It is really like going into a battlefield.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-23-2017), FryinBerries (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:00 AM   #34
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehammer86 View Post
"I just made a stupid decision to ignore the signs because I wasn't afraid of a ticket and from what I could see it was clear to cross.... it was not. I've obviously learned my lesson" So why dethrone my input? You admit you're at fault and realize your fault. My knowledge is beyond yours clearly because I agree with you in the fact you made the right decision but the following actions resulted a outcome not in your favor. So assuming you have a superior driving prediction of other driving behaviorally reactions to the typical society, you still made the wrong decision. Basically, you're saying you're so smart that you saw this coming yet couldn't avoid it, so this forum should provide sympathy for you to buy the same car you couldn't possibly prevent this accident from happening. Right? Challenge my driving or vocabulary experience again.
How the hell would having a different car have changed this? The dude screwed up he knows it and has been very clear there was no real excuse. Are you saying if he had been driving a different car he would not have done the same thing? If he wants the same car then what is the issue? What he doesn't want is to do the same thing again. What kind of car that should be is irrelevant.
FryinBerries (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:01 AM   #35
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Nearly 6 years of accident free driving, one Fuck up and I'm an irresponsible driver? Yeah I made A bad decision. There's no denying that. But I didn't come here to get driving advice. I was simply asking for ways to comfort my worried parents. Either way I'm going to be in a vehicle so I'd rather it be something I enjoy and I'm looking to make this transition easier.
"I made an idiotic move, tried to cross a highway in my town and there was a car in my blind spot..."

So you cut across traffic without checking your blind spot. Yeah, sounds like really responsible driving. You're a spoiled fucktard, plain and simple. Now that mummy and daddy are cutting off the gravy train, you've resorted to the internet to try and change their mind.

I hope I never have to drive in traffic with someone like you.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:04 AM   #36
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post
No wonder insurance is so expensive for this cheap little car. Do us a favor, buy a Mustang or something like that and stop f**king up the insurance rates for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I repeat insurance is based on many things with accident rates being one small part. The rates on these are about in line with any other inexpensive sports car.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #37
FryinBerries

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
"I made an idiotic move, tried to cross a highway in my town and there was a car in my blind spot..."

So you cut across traffic without checking your blind spot. Yeah, sounds like really responsible driving. You're a spoiled fucktard, plain and simple. Now that mummy and daddy are cutting off the gravy train, you've resorted to the internet to try and change their mind.

I hope I never have to drive in traffic with someone like you.

I've always payed for all of my own shit and worked my fucking ass of for it. This car was the first time I've been gifted something like this. It was a graduation present. You don't know me or my story. All you know is what you've read here. I've resorted here to help ease my parents pain as their heartbreak has been the most painful part of this situation.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #38
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
I've always payed for all of my own shit and worked my fucking ass of for it. This car was the first time I've been gifted something like this. It was a graduation present. You don't know me or my story. All you know is what you've read here. I've resorted here to help ease my parents pain as their heartbreak has been the most painful part of this situation.
Good to know mommy and daddy pay your way bro. Maybe if you grovel and plead with them, they'll hook you up again.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:10 AM   #39
FryinBerries

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Good to know mommy and daddy pay your way bro. Maybe if you grovel and plead with them, they'll hook you up again.

Congrats you got under my skin and found what pisses me off. Go fuck your self dude. Sorry your parents never loved you.

At least you're the coolest user on the forum.

Someone get him his trophy.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #40
whitehammer86

Quote:
It's a cross road at a 2 lane, 50 mph highway with a cut through in the median to make left turns off of the highway. I was heading south the other car was heading east. I am perfectly capable of operating the vehicle, it could have easily ended up with me getting t boned but I avoided that and the other drivers fender scraped along the passenger side. I just made a stupid decision to ignore the signs because I wasn't afraid of a ticket and from what I could see it was clear to cross.... it was not. I've obviously learned my lesson.

The specifics of the accident aren't even important. As someone else mentioned, I can't see who since I'm On my phone, they're afraid of it being a death trap.

PS. I thought the same way you did for a long time. Keep thinking nothing will happen and you're in for a rude awakening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
How the hell would having a different car have changed this? The dude screwed up he knows it and has been very clear there was no real excuse. Are you saying if he had been driving a different car he would not have done the same thing? If he wants the same car then what is the issue? What he doesn't want is to do the same thing again. What kind of car that should be is irrelevant.

Yes. A four door basic model Chevy Mailbu has a different acceleration than that of a Scion FR-S and different car feel therefore not antagonizing aggressive driving behavior. Do you drive the same in a truck vs. a car?
Old 06-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #41
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Congrats you got under my skin and found what pisses me off. Go fuck your self dude. Sorry your parents never loved you.

At least you're the coolest user on the forum.

Someone get him his trophy.
I wish my daddy loved me enough, or the other way around, I guess, for him to buy me a car.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:12 AM   #42
Tcoat

So everybody reeming this dude has a perfect record? All of you?
He screwed up. He admits it. He hasn't tried to blame the car, the road, another driver or in any other way deflect the blame but you all want to be ****s.
Bet if the same shit happened to most of you tomorrow you would be trying to blame everything but yourself. This guy is at least up front and honest with us and himself.
"Get a different car" is the stupidest thing said. The car was not the issue.
On the other hand "take some lessons to prove you are serious" is a great and constructive suggestion.
FryinBerries (06-24-2017), humfrz (06-24-2017), new2subaru (06-24-2017), nikitopo (06-24-2017), strat61caster (06-24-2017), wireman957 (06-24-2017), zizon93 (06-24-2017)

Closed Thread