follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-12-2023, 12:39 PM   #1
CastrolTom's86

Drives: It goes br-br-br-br-BRAAAAApppppp
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I install zenki 86 (12-16) lights on a kouki (17-20) 86

I found some beautiful Blitz headlights (attached picture) that I would like to install on my 2017 86 but they are only compatible with the pre-facelift models. I've seen threads on here suggesting the use of a 6-to-8 pin adapter to install kouki headlights on a zenki model. Are there 8-to-6 pin adapters that would allow me to install zenki headlights on my kouki model?
Attached Images

CastrolTom's86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:48 PM   #2
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastrolTom's86 View Post
I found some beautiful Blitz headlights (attached picture) that I would like to install on my 2017 86 but they are only compatible with the pre-facelift models. I've seen threads on here suggesting the use of a 6-to-8 pin adapter to install kouki headlights on a zenki model. Are there 8-to-6 pin adapters that would allow me to install zenki headlights on my kouki model?
It should work just fine. The Zenki HID headlights all used 8pin connectors. You might need to play around with the pin order; you might also need to get Zenki headlight brackets (but I might be wrong about the brackets)

And to be clear, you found an actual pair of these from a private party? Blitz doesn't sell those headlights straight up. It's a core exchange: you need to send them a set of OEM Zenki HID headlights which they then customize.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:56 AM   #3
CastrolTom's86

Drives: It goes br-br-br-br-BRAAAAApppppp
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
And to be clear, you found an actual pair of these from a private party? Blitz doesn't sell those headlights straight up. It's a core exchange: you need to send them a set of OEM Zenki HID headlights which they then customize.
Yeah I kind of jumped the gun in posting this. I found that out after reading more about them. I'll still consider them. To me, they're the best looking headlights.
CastrolTom's86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:47 AM   #4
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastrolTom's86 View Post
Yeah I kind of jumped the gun in posting this. I found that out after reading more about them. I'll still consider them. To me, they're the best looking headlights.
You can still find OEM Zenki FRS headlights. They look exactly the same, except they don't have the halo light ring and integrated blinker (it's just a normal DRL instead)

They came on the special edition FRS's (RS1, RS2, and 10 Series) and the Monogram Trim
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
x808drifter (01-15-2023)