follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
icecord

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ CPW
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Clear Bra opinion and reputable shops.

Hello guys,

I have a question regrading Clear Bra. I'm going to be getting a full front protection.
I called a couple of shop most of them use Xpel or Nano Fusion.
Which would be better?

Also, what should be the price for this service?

Thank you.
icecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
slyphen

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to slyphen Send a message via Yahoo to slyphen
a typical full frontal (bumper cover, full hood, mirror cover, headlight, fog light, front fenders) with xpel is going to cost close to $2k or more from my experience. it of course depends on the reputation of the shop, a shop that is known to do super cars are going to cost a bit more, but you can assured the quality is going to be top notch, but that doesn't mean your everyday detail shop is going to have shitty quality.

I think the material it self is going to be around $1300-1500. I heard about Nano Fusion, but Xpel seem to be what most shops recommend.
slyphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
FX86
Banned

Drives: on the wrongside of the road
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,015 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
whichever bra gives your car the biggest cleavage is the one to go with
FX86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FX86 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (08-11-2016), gramicci101 (07-27-2016), mixtape (08-01-2016), VIP BRZ (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
icecord

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ CPW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphen View Post
a typical full frontal (bumper cover, full hood, mirror cover, headlight, fog light, front fenders) with xpel is going to cost close to $2k or more from my experience. it of course depends on the reputation of the shop, a shop that is known to do super cars are going to cost a bit more, but you can assured the quality is going to be top notch, but that doesn't mean your everyday detail shop is going to have shitty quality.

I think the material it self is going to be around $1300-1500. I heard about Nano Fusion, but Xpel seem to be what most shops recommend.
Thanks man. Appreciate the info
icecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:32 AM   #5
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecord View Post
Thanks man. Appreciate the info
Hey OP,

I can't speak to Xpel but I have Avery Nano Fusion done by Young Tea and Robin over at AutoTuned and can tell you I love it and have no problems with it. People don't even realize it's there. As for the quality of the work I can assure you can stand by Young and AutoTuned as their work is top notch and they treat your car like it's theirs. As for price I would say it is safe to expect 1500-2000.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
XPEL

Drives: All Makes And Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecord View Post
Hello guys,

I have a question regrading Clear Bra. I'm going to be getting a full front protection.
I called a couple of shop most of them use Xpel or Nano Fusion.
Which would be better?

Also, what should be the price for this service?

Thank you.
Regardless of which film you use, find an installer that can properly install the film. Always ask for wrapped edges where possible, meaning that there will be less seams visible exposed. You're already getting a full front, which is good. If you have any questions let us know

Regarding pricing,

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.
XPEL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XPEL For This Useful Post:
slyphen (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
slyphen

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to slyphen Send a message via Yahoo to slyphen
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
Regardless of which film you use, find an installer that can properly install the film. Always ask for wrapped edges where possible, meaning that there will be less seams visible exposed. You're already getting a full front, which is good. If you have any questions let us know

Regarding pricing,

Keep in mind these are what we typically see across the country and it can vary with these factors:
- Where you live
- Demand for paint protection film
- Size of your vehicle

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

For full car coverage: This includes every painted surface on the car possible. This ranges from $4,500 - $8,000.
I'm about to get my bumper cover done (new bumper recently painted and installed after a lady backed up into me). The shop i talked to says they use xpel, I will of course ask them about wrapping the edges, but doesn't the films comes in pre-cut? so there will only be so much they can do?
slyphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Why not get toyota/scion to put one on for you. It's part of their protection plan. My car has it, and I love it. After that I will always have one. Seems like they didn't put it on every car though, or maybe its an add-on. I bought the car with it and it had a sticker on the windshield, scion/toyota paint bla bla protection bla bla
Old 07-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #9
XPEL

Drives: All Makes And Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphen View Post
I'm about to get my bumper cover done (new bumper recently painted and installed after a lady backed up into me). The shop i talked to says they use xpel, I will of course ask them about wrapping the edges, but doesn't the films comes in pre-cut? so there will only be so much they can do?
If they're using XPEL and our cutting software, they can extend the pre-cut kits to include wrapped edges.
XPEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #10
geezerbrzeezer
Geezer

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
There's a nice, 'professional installer owned' thumb print visible under the film on my friend's mustang. Drive's him insane. Drive's me insane, and it's his car.

That, coupled with the pricing and the fact that I can always spot these bras , I say nay nay.

Touchup, and then when that loses it's charm, repaint bumper/hood/fenders as necessary.

And, hey - TEHO.
geezerbrzeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #11
cueball89

Drives: 23 BRZ 15 Impreza
Make sure you see the the installers prior work!!! Super important. Paying for a quality install is worth a lot.

I went with Xpel and did a full front bumper, mirrors, headlights, partial hood and fenders, rear bumper protector, rocker panels and door edges. It cost me $900. I wasn't able to see prior work which was a big mistake. I would have gladly paid a few hundred more for a better install.

Being I went to a "factory trained" installer I thought I'd be safe.

Last edited by cueball89; 08-01-2016 at 06:52 AM.
cueball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
shellslinger

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I'm not so sure on how I got this good deal. But I have been running Xpel for 3 years now and it has not faded/yellow or any way. I got it installed at:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/extreme-autowerks-cerritos

I only paid about $650 for full front bumper, partial hood fenders, headlight and side view mirrors.
shellslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #13
arrow34

Drives: Firestorm red FRS 2015
Wow shellslinger! That is one heck of a price... I spend $300 just for the 3m pro film that I installed myself... The bumper was a solid plated bitch to install. I warn others that it took me a long time to do myself and there are some places that I screwed up. But as a first attempt it went pretty well. I would say pay someone to do it... I just didn't have the cash and wanted a bra on mine... It will keep my front end protected for a few years until I have it replaced.
arrow34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #14
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Not to throw a wrench in it, since its a similar topic, but I was thinking of going to the next level and getting a glass-ceramic coating--a friend of mine has it on his truck and it looks amazing. Any idea on the cost for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote