follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
shiny wheels

does everybody shine their wheels everytime they wash their car?

I like the shiny wet look, but I feel like it's a waste of time and effort since it only lasts for about half a day of driving. Is there a way or a product to keep the wet-look longer?
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza7 View Post
So your probably talking about tires not rims right? There are two products I can recommend based on use.

1. Meguiars Endurance Shine - Can be bought at Wal-Mart. It's silicon based but it does last 2+ months in dry weather (based on 2-3 coats). It doesn't have a shiny look per say but it does look a little brighter then the factory look. I like it since I think too shiny looks tacky. (I apply this product with a foam applicator, you get more usage out of the product and it's more controlled. It's only available in spray now, it use to be a gel before.)
LOVE this product and is what I use. It looks good for a long time and even will survive rain to some degree. Also, I can put it on heavy at night and then by the morning the excess has dried and does not cause any product to fling up on my nicely cleaned car. I also use a sponge to apply...

Here is a pic of it on my car. Not too much, and not too little:
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza7 View Post
So your probably talking about tires not rims right? There are two products I can recommend based on use.

1. Meguiars Endurance Shine - Can be bought at Wal-Mart. It's silicon based but it does last 2+ months in dry weather (based on 2-3 coats). It doesn't have a shiny look per say but it does look a little brighter then the factory look. I like it since I think too shiny looks tacky. (I apply this product with a foam applicator, you get more usage out of the product and it's more controlled. It's only available in spray now, it use to be a gel before.)

2. Tuf Shine semi-permanent tire shine. You can purchase this at DetailedImage, it's suppose to last 6+ months. I still testing the durability on my mom's van. I think it's glossier then the Endurance shine. I can take a picture of the look if you would like to see how it looks.

Tire shine does vary from the tire manufacturer you have on the car but only slightly.
Yea I meant the TIRES. 2+ plus months is a pretty decent time. Hmm might have to look into those two products. thanks.
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote