follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Hawaii

Hawaii Aloha!

User Tag List

Old 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Toyobaru808

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
xzilon treatment

Anyone opt for this treatment from Servco? Any got any experience with this or opinions on it?
Toyobaru808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
Deepseadiver

Drives: 2013 BRZ DMG manual Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Made me get it at the dealership! It was buy the car or not buy the car, same with the tint!
Deepseadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Toyobaru808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepseadiver View Post
Made me get it at the dealership! It was buy the car or not buy the car, same with the tint!
Have you noticed that with ever little bird shit that touches the car, if not cleaned and taken off immediately it, will make some kind of blemish that can't be polished out?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyobaru808 View Post
Have you noticed that with ever little bird shit that touches the car, if not cleaned and taken off immediately it, will make some kind of blemish that can't be polished out?

Is this with zxilon or just in general? I know my buddy's Whiteout FR-S is yellowing with every bit of cruft that hits it. I have some zxilon sitting here and have been contemplating 'treating' my BRZ but I'm not sure how it stacks up to OptiCoat/Guard.
cobrabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Toyobaru808

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabyte View Post
Is this with zxilon or just in general? I know my buddy's Whiteout FR-S is yellowing with every bit of cruft that hits it. I have some zxilon sitting here and have been contemplating 'treating' my BRZ but I'm not sure how it stacks up to OptiCoat/Guard.
this is with the xzilon
Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
FML

Drives: Raven FRS
xzilon warranty states you have to remove any bird droppings with in 24 hours. If you have any remaining stains you can contact the xzilon guys to have it fixed. Its guaranteed for 5 years.
FML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #7
Toyobaru808

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
xzilon warranty states you have to remove any bird droppings with in 24 hours. If you have any remaining stains you can contact the xzilon guys to have it fixed. Its guaranteed for 5 years.
I haven't had any staining... So far but it seems that every dropping that touches my car eats at the treatment and etches its shape now I have to send the car to the detailer to have then wet said it down. Xzilon treatment is a Fkn headache and inconvenience. The treatment works but the actual sealant its weak as fk.

anyone with the same experience?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
UbSaMrC

Drives: 13 FR-S Asphalt AT
Garage
Do not buy!! if you are serious about your cars paint job, use Collinite then call me in the morning.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=collinite+doublecoat"]Amazon:Collinite[/ame]
UbSaMrC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UbSaMrC For This Useful Post:
Shipwreck (02-19-2013)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
Reflex

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I actually have xzilon and i'm uncertain about how well this product actually works since I don't have another FR-S without xzilon to compare it to. Had my car since the first week of June and my car has probably got pooped on by birds maybe 5 times. I never actually removed any of the droppings within 24 hours and one was on there for a week before I got my bug/tar/dropping remover spray. Two sprays of Diamondite and it came right off with no residue or yellowing of any kind. My car still beads really well too.

One this that baffles me though, is how water never really dries up/evaporates from my car. A few hours of rain showers I would go out to see my cousin's corolla parked next to mine, completely dry. I look across the lawn at my neighbor's two cars, also both completely dry. Then across the street at my other neighbor's cars. Also dry. Yet, by car is still cool to the touch and there's still water all over it. I'll take pictures next time it rains.

I would've preferred Opti-coating it since there's so many more reviews of it around, but I didn't opt for the xzilon and I didn't pay for the treatment so I don't really mind.
Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
FML

Drives: Raven FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyobaru808 View Post
I haven't had any staining... So far but it seems that every dropping that touches my car eats at the treatment and etches its shape now I have to send the car to the detailer to have then wet said it down. Xzilon treatment is a Fkn headache and inconvenience. The treatment works but the actual sealant its weak as fk.

anyone with the same experience?

I would try and contact xzilon first. It should cover etching in the paint. Just make sure to point out to them that you did remove the droppings with in 24 hours. You paid a lot of money for the xzilon you might as well have them honor the warranty. Dont pay out of pocket and fix it yourself.
FML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #11
Toyobaru808

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
I would try and contact xzilon first. It should cover etching in the paint. Just make sure to point out to them that you did remove the droppings with in 24 hours. You paid a lot of money for the xzilon you might as well have them honor the warranty. Dont pay out of pocket and fix it yourself.
Oh yeah, xzilon is doing the repair free of charge, its just that its BS that ive only had the car for less than a month and already have to file a claim. its also a hassle that I have to give up the car for at least a day for the repairs to be done.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
rjuc
SM1L3

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
hmm so since I had to get my hood and front and rear bumpers replaced I don't have any kind of paint protection on them. The rep from Xzilon got back to me and and said it would cost around $35 per panel to reapply it meaning it's not covered under the 5 year warranty. Insurance might be able to cover for it but I don't really want to deal with that.

Should I just get my car Opti-coated since I would have to pay anyway? The Xzilon treatment seems okay but all these posts with all the Opti-coated cars are impressive.
rjuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #13
markmatley
Shipping to Hawaii?...

Drives: '13 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjuc View Post
hmm so since I had to get my hood and front and rear bumpers replaced I don't have any kind of paint protection on them. The rep from Xzilon got back to me and and said it would cost around $35 per panel to reapply it meaning it's not covered under the 5 year warranty. Insurance might be able to cover for it but I don't really want to deal with that.

Should I just get my car Opti-coated since I would have to pay anyway? The Xzilon treatment seems okay but all these posts with all the Opti-coated cars are impressive.
Opticoat and never worry about unless you scratch the crap out of the panel you coated.
The Following User Says Thank You to markmatley For This Useful Post:
rjuc (02-20-2013)
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #14
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes the bird shit does that, also keep in mind in the fall the leaves also need to be cleaned off right away or it will leave the same type of marks.
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote