follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Shinji2787

Drives: '85 AE86 Sprinter Trueno
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fresh GBS Mafia Recruit reporting for duty!

Hey All!

I ordered my 2013 GBS Subaru BRZ Limited Manual back on June 27th at Lithia Reno Subaru from Paul Bushnel. Had consistent and good communication throughout the entire process. Got my VON within minutes of placing my deposit! Then the long wait began... Come last week of October I got a e-mail from SOA with a VIN and ETA of end of October, I checked in with Paul and got VIN confirmation with estimated port arrival date and date of delivery to the dealership. Last Friday she came in early on the Truck and I got word from Paul first thing in the morning! Needless to say that day of work was one of the most unproductive days ever...

Last minute crazy road trip up to Reno with my folks I get up there as soon as the dealership opened Sunday morning. Looked over my new baby, was made very comfortable and great accommodations by Paul and Michael, paperwork was fast and easy. Coco, one of their finance guys, was great and made the paperwork very quick and easy and made sure no fine print was left unturned and finance paperwork was completed promptly. The entire paperwork process was EXTREMELY easy and smooth and I have never felt more at ease or comfortable during the car buying experience. Once that all finished delivery officially taken on 10/21/2012 !!!! Also wanted to add that they actually gave me a $500USD discount on the MSRP and never once tried to adjust/alter that discount or add any sort of markup !!!

I cannot possibly begin to express how much I highly recommend going through the guys at Lithia Reno Subaru, they took great care of me and even though the wait was long (hell its long everywhere...) they made sure that the BRZ I took delivery of was EXACTLY the way I wanted it to be. No front plates mounted, pdi properly completed, the little accessories options, and even did not tape on the window sticker (something I had not even thought of to be honest!). If anyone wants to order a BRZ I highly recommend calling up Paul or Michael at Lithia Reno Subaru, the wait for the car to arrive might take awhile but the service provided is definitely worth the wait. Just tell 'em Orin with the GBS sent you over and they'll take good care of you!

tldr? Here are some pics... sadly I didn't take many on the actual drive down, was so dead and tired and having too much fun driving

Checking her out on the lot minutes before the dealership opened!

All the paperwork is finalized! About to drive her off the lot!!

Perhaps the ONLY picture taken on my trip back to SoCal, one of my best friends from college got the call that his White FR-S came in the same day as me! So we obviously had to meet up before I left the Bay Area !

Yes I did get the Chrome Fuel Door Cover and even though it is a sticker it looks freakin' SWEET and I love it. And its MY BRZ, and I like the cover, so I'm keeping it.

Last edited by Shinji2787; 10-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Shinji2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinji2787 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-23-2012), Sportsguy83 (10-23-2012), Turbowned (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
86BRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited arrived on 9/1/2012
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Paul is a great guy to come across, almost buy my BRZ from him, but end up with someone else because of Limited trim and options. A name and number you must try if you are shopping / searching multi states wide.
86BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86BRZ For This Useful Post:
Shinji2787 (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats!! Always nice to hear about a good sales experience. I wish I could see your pictures though Facebook is blocked at my work; I assume that's where you're linking them from...

Can't wait to join the GBS mafia...

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
ironchef

Drives: GLI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
GBS Mafia, ftw!
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironchef For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Shinji2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Congrats!! Always nice to hear about a good sales experience. I wish I could see your pictures though Facebook is blocked at my work; I assume that's where you're linking them from...

Can't wait to join the GBS mafia...
Switched to photobucket links... hopefully those work for ya!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinji2787 For This Useful Post:
Turbowned (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
res

Drives: Acura, Subaru BRZ - GBS MT Limited
I posted this in another thread as well...

Congratulations on your new GBS Limited MT BRZ.

I am in the Atlanta area and I have the exact same model, purchased in June with VIN 989.

Currently my only mods are window tint and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The tires are a very nice improvement.

Good luck with your new BRZ.
res is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Congrats! I love my chrome fuel door cover as well! hahaha It breaks things up visually.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji2787 View Post
Hey All!

I ordered my 2013 GBS Subaru BRZ Limited Manual back on June 27th at Lithia Reno Subaru from Paul Bushnel. Had consistent and good communication throughout the entire process. Got my VON within minutes of placing my deposit! Then the long wait began... Come last week of October I got a e-mail from SOA with a VIN and ETA of end of October, I checked in with Paul and got VIN confirmation with estimated port arrival date and date of delivery to the dealership. Last Friday she came in early on the Truck and I got word from Paul first thing in the morning! Needless to say that day of work was one of the most unproductive days ever...

Yes I did get the Chrome Fuel Door Cover and even though it is a sticker it looks freakin' SWEET and I love it. And its MY BRZ, and I like the cover, so I'm keeping it.
Welcome to GBS Mafia!! I also have the Chrome Trim, adds a nice touch! I can't get enough of our color, congrats! :happy0180:
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Kabong

Drives: 1999 Accord v6; 2017 CWP BRZ Ltd
Congrats on the GBS!

I've been looking in NorCal and this place consistently pops up on my searches. I haven't tried calling and dealing with them, considering two NorCal dealers sell @ MSRP. Any reason why they gave you $500USD discount off MSRP? Is it because you drove up from SoCal?

Congrats again!
Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
jduffy

Drives: BRZ
Congrats.

It's nice seeing the different colors next to each other and how they bring out different features in the car's styling.
jduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Shinji2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy83 View Post
Welcome to GBS Mafia!! I also have the Chrome Trim, adds a nice touch! I can't get enough of our color, congrats! :happy0180:
Yes I love the chrome trim! It adds a very nice classy elegance to a already sexy body !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabong View Post
Congrats on the GBS!

I've been looking in NorCal and this place consistently pops up on my searches. I haven't tried calling and dealing with them, considering two NorCal dealers sell @ MSRP. Any reason why they gave you $500USD discount off MSRP? Is it because you drove up from SoCal?

Congrats again!
Thanks!! They didn't say there was any special reason for giving me the discount. When I sent in the e-mail inquiry his first response was with the $500 discount offer! I'm not sure if they're still doing that but there was absolutely 0 haggling over price so I was definitely not complaining !

TBH, While I love these guys and highly recommend them if you can get exactly what you want with relatively pain free dealership visit i'd say try to stay in cali if the extra $500 doesn't seem worth it to you since because its a Out of State Purchase CA will make you jump hoops to get it registered in CA... so silly . But if they give you $500 less and you'll take whatever discount comes your way for exactly what you want then I recommend these guys for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
I posted this in another thread as well...

Congratulations on your new GBS Limited MT BRZ.

I am in the Atlanta area and I have the exact same model, purchased in June with VIN 989.

Currently my only mods are window tint and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The tires are a very nice improvement.

Good luck with your new BRZ.
Nice!! Long live GBS!!! Last 4 of my VIN are 4000 haha. So awesome! Such an even number!

Tires are definitely probably one of the first things that will happen down the road thought. Not sure about tint since it seems so hit or miss in terms of extra attention from highway patrol in these parts...