follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond Busted for Speeding in France: Lincenses Supsende

Take a bit of time to remember Top Gear's challenges. There were quite a few that saw the crew racing across France. Well, it seems that some of their feats are more special than others and they've recently reached a new level of that - Clarkson and Hammond have had their licenses suspended for speeding in France.

The two were out filming for the latest Top Gear DVD, when Clarkson's Aston Martin Vanquish and Hammond's 911 GT3 lured the guys only a little bit past the speed limit on the highway. Or so they thought.

In a recent article for The Sun, Clarkson explains that he and he and Hammond had exceeded the limit a tad and were stopped by the police as they were approaching a toll booth. The Aston was clocked at (141 km/h), while the Porsche managed to pull (143 km/h).

The Top Gear stars thought the wouldn't get into too much trouble, since the speed limit is (130 km/h). Nevertheless, the French police informed them they had ignored the (90 km/h) limit imposed on that certain stretch of highway.

The policemen expressed their negative feelings by handing the two presenters fines that required all the cash they had on them. Oh and they also took away their licenses. The icing on this law-breaking cake was a three-month driving ban in France.

They were rescued by the Top Gear film crew, but, as Clarkson put it, exp[ect to see the next Top Gear season with a lot of Italian scenery in the background.

We've had a rather... ahem... disciplinarian talk with the French Police ourselves earlier this year. To put it shortly, they like to qualify rapid pace car movements as "jimikhhhana" and are not particularly fond of such actions. Wonder if they've seen Ken Block's latest Gymkhana...
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whitigir For This Useful Post:
M-17 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The french suck anyways... bunch of Dicks
Luis_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luis_GT For This Useful Post:
Bad Habits (11-17-2013), jbsali (11-17-2013), sklimo (11-18-2013), Tim_Asphalt_FRS (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
SkitterSkotter

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When you try hard is when you die hard. At least it's only in France, they can still hoon about.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I can see them now making jokes about this on Top Gear. hahaha.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
lol 141 in a 130

I think "haters gonna hate" is the appropriate term here

ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
I guess I will drive the cars for them in France..

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelbyat07 For This Useful Post:
M-17 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
Bad Habits

Drives: br zed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hell its not the first time. Hammond got popped driving a Ferrari Daytona while they filming an episode a few years ago. He was doing 10 over, had to give them cash on the spot, then the cops wanted all the doc's showing the crew had permission to film in france, that the bbc had permission to have the car while filming, etc. Oh not to mention the french have bs rules like you have to have a high visibility jacket (reflective) in your car while driving in france. Nice way to screw tourists.

The french are nothing but douche bags. Had training in Germany and a bunch of us took trips all the time, one weekend we went to france. Nothing but a fuking hassel. Two places over charged us for food and drinks and then said the menu had the wrong prices. Had uniformed cops try to sell us coke, when we turned them down they tried to tell us where to go for the best whores and how we could get a discount!? We had already been warned about the scams and knew they were trying to set us up when they saw we were military. Shitbags.
Bad Habits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
Hell its not the first time. Hammond got popped driving a Ferrari Daytona while they filming an episode a few years ago. He was doing 10 over, had to give them cash on the spot, then the cops wanted all the doc's showing the crew had permission to film in france, that the bbc had permission to have the car while filming, etc. Oh not to mention the french have bs rules like you have to have a high visibility jacket (reflective) in your car while driving in france. Nice way to screw tourists.

The french are nothing but douche bags. Had training in Germany and a bunch of us took trips all the time, one weekend we went to france. Nothing but a fuking hassel. Two places over charged us for food and drinks and then said the menu had the wrong prices. Had uniformed cops try to sell us coke, when we turned them down they tried to tell us where to go for the best whores and how we could get a discount!? We had already been warned about the scams and knew they were trying to set us up when they saw we were military. Shitbags.
As much as that may be true and I agree with you, Americans can be just as bad.
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
As much as that may be true and I agree with you, Americans can be just as bad.
Sure they can. My family has a home in Costa Rica and lots of people in that area know me when I come down there to stay. I speak spanish, not always fluent but I try and I never disrespect someone for their customs or expect be treated a certain way because Im from the states. I can't even count how many times I've watched ignorant hick American's bark at staff in restaurants "why dont yall speak english"... classy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad Habits For This Useful Post:
Frost (11-18-2013), husker741 (11-17-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Sure they can. My family has a home in Costa Rica and lots of people in that area know me when I come down there to stay. I speak spanish, not always fluent but I try and I never disrespect someone for their customs or expect be treated a certain way because Im from the states. I can't even count how many times I've watched ignorant hick American's bark at staff in restaurants "why dont yall speak english"... classy.
You sir, are the reason why I still have faith in America. And thanks for serving by the way.

Too bad it's the one idiotic American that makes all of you look like idiots.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #11
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
If they fight the ticket pretty sure France would give up. They are notorious for just giving up hehehe
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sklimo For This Useful Post:
Bad Habits (11-18-2013), M-17 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #12
Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimo View Post
If they fight the ticket pretty sure France would give up. They are notorious for just giving up hehehe
Touché
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad Habits For This Useful Post:
sklimo (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #13
Bad Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
You sir, are the reason why I still have faith in America. And thanks for serving by the way.

Too bad it's the one idiotic American that makes all of you look like idiots.
No worries, totally understand. And thanks. I joined for the college money lol. Certainly no hero.

I sat in between two couples with kids last year in Tamarindo, one American one British. The American kids were trashing the entire table, food all over the floor, screaming their heads off while the parents did nothing. The brit kids killed me "mummy, mummy may I get another drink mummy" polite, respectful, must not have said ten words. I took off my redsox hat and shoved it in my backpack hoping guilt by association wouldn't kick in. And fyi, I've claimed Canada as a homeland before. These are two of my travel backpacks, yes those are Canadian flags sewn on them. There are parts of the world that being from the states is NOT a good thing!

Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
And fyi, I've claimed Canada as a homeland before. These are two of my travel backpacks, yes those are Canadian flags sewn on them. There are parts of the world that being from the states is NOT a good thing!

Unless you are part Canadian, suddenly I'm not so sure if I like you anymore...

Tsk tsk!

I kid to some degree... I mean I get it why some Yankees want to claim they are Canadian in certain parts of the world and I have seen us Canucks get treated quite differently than a Yankee would but I have conflicted feelings about masquerading as a Canuck...

It's borderlining on my stance against people with dual citizenships.

Meh. Off topic anyways.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote