follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
ogrowup

Drives: Asphalt build in progress
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
surprise fix for exhaust drone

My FRS has the Ptuning turbo kit with 3" catted exhaust. It's loud as hell, but I love it. Except it does have a drone in top gear on the highway. I laid a bunch of soundproofing in the trunk which helped, but the drone persisted. I even installed a vortex thing in the tail pipes and that helped a bit, but the drone persisted. First World problem, I just got used to it.

Today however, I folded down the back seat and holy crap that really cut down on the sound. The exhaust never sounded better, which was surprising since before i did the insulation thing it was way louder with it folded down. I guess most of the drone was coming up through the floor and back seats. The back seats are as useless as tits on a bull anyway, so I will leave the seat back folded down.

I plan top fabricate a removable divider in place of the seat back for safety purposes, will post some shots when done.
ogrowup is offline   Reply With Quote